View Single Post
  #59   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2004, 10:57 PM
Year 19 with the NAC in FRC!
FRC #0093 (NEW Apple Corps)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2000
Sean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond reputeSean Schuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST Competition Entry Fee Increases for 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinkel Y.
There's one question, should there be a cap of how much money one team can recieve from their sponsors? And if sponsors are willing to give more money, should the money over the cap be given to FIRST and be evenly spread across to regionals and/or other FIRST expenses?

Yikes! Not to put too fine a point on it but that sounds a bit like FIRST Robotics welfare. Or salary caps!

Not that I'm opposed to sharing the wealth, however, if a team works hard to get significant sponsorship shouldn't that money be theirs? I would like to think that teams are gracious enough to help other teams out but, based on this thread, money IS an issue. I imagine most teams are a bit reluctant to part with theirs.

Additionally, team expenses are based heavily on travel. I can't imagine that my team's travel expenses are as great as, say, the Brazilian team or teams from Hawaii or the Pacific Northwest.

This is definitely a subject to be dealt with delicately but also in a head-on manner. It is what it is and we need to adjust.

Sean

Thanks Plexus Corp. for the 21-year partnership and counting...your company gets it!!

www.nacteam93.com | Tesla Engineering Charter School