View Single Post
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-20-2009, 11:39 AM
FRC #0365 (MOE)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Carol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is It a Hint or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
Can someone provide a description of HQ or perhaps, a link? Many of us have never been for a visit and don't know what it is like. I was there a couple of years ago but only saw one area of it and didn't spend any more time outside than necessary. It was a mite cold. If there was a pool or fountain, it was frozen. The waterfall on the way up to Dean's house was frozen. I'd never seen a frozen waterfall before. It matched my toes.
Frozen waterfalls are quite common up here in the frigid north (well, not in Delaware, but I grew up in Pittsburgh).

If you are asking about the building where FIRST is located, I do have pictures somewhere that I can send you. It is in an old mill building along the river, which have all been converted to commercial purposes now. The building that FIRST is in also houses a children's science museum and a museum of the textile industry (I visited the textile museum - it was fascinating). I've attached a picture. The first floor holds FIRST Place, the public area where they hold events such as summer camps and training sessions. The offices are on the second floor and are smaller than you probably think. The Engineering area, where they design and prototype the game, is in a super secret secure area in the basement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FIRST visit 071.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	8170  

MOE 2007 Chairman's Video by MOE video team and Paul Lazarus http://moe365.org/CHMN_AWD_video_2008.php
MOE 10-Year Video Celebration on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETcSMUBUqEs