View Single Post
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM
4933T15
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs), FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Jared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you think of this year's game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfreivald View Post
I think minimal defense is a strategy problem, not a game problem. We played lots and lots of defense at both of our regionals, and did so effectively. From direct defense of fenderbots (pushing and shoving) to ball denial (pick 'em up before they can and feed them forward and/or knock them into your alley; block their inbounder bounce-shots) to bridge denial (more pushing and shoving), we never had a dull moment in-game.
Agreed, I have seen a lot of defense in Rebound Rumble! In many cases, it is very effective.

I simply love this game. It has given me more "OH MY GOD!" moments than any other game I can remember. Seeing a triple balance win a match by one point. Watching balls scored so rapidly they jam into a net. Seemingly every match has a dramatic last second "will it or won't it" balance moment. Human player hail mary's that turn a tied match.

So far it has already pulled to the front of my "all time" list, and that's before District/World Championships/IRI season.