View Single Post
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:33 AM
AKA: Adam
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
ZeroGAdam will become famous soon enoughZeroGAdam will become famous soon enough
Re: What do you think of this year's game?

Well, I have known about FIRST because of my Dad for about 10 years now... He was a mentor for team 381 back from 2002-2008 and brought me along to the competitions. Since 2004's FIRST Frenzy, I have not seen another game that has been comparable to it because of the diverse challenges and fast paced really large spectacles (kickballs dropping from above the driver station, 4 on the bar, multiplier ball shoved in a "netbot," etc.) that would occur. I mean it was amazing, and ever since then, no game IMO has ever topped that. That is until I saw this game in person.....

The rewards for Hybrid, Coopertition, and Cooperation among your alliance (which is always important) is now even more critical because of the nerve racking bridges. The basketball theme tied into it also makes it one of those 30 seconds or less games that you can explain to a spectator who really isn't associated with a team. The only small complaint that I have is that the triple balance is worth maybe a little too much....

But defense can prevent it from happening and the challenge of it alone just sways me to say, that is why it is worth so much. The only reason I'm saying this is because of the fact that when an alliance pulls it off, they will most likely go on to win their rest matches, but I'm sure there have been matches where and alliance has tripled, but lost some ways down the road.

Overall, I think this is a great game to watch and will be very interesting to see how it evolves even more so at MSC, MAR Champs, and Nats!!!

Team History
FRC Team 190 2014 - 2015
FRC Team 2180 2010 - 2014
FRC Team 381 2002-2008
FTC Team 221 2010 - 2012