View Single Post
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-05-2017, 01:43 PM
No longer old enough to volunteer
AKA: Jared Hasen-Klein
FRC #1836 (The MilkenKnights)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2009
jaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond reputejaredhk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2 Champs Volunteering 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cothron Theiss View Post
How late's too late to register for volunteering at Champs? I'd like to, but I have no idea what my life will look like in May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Olds View Post
Really depends on what you want to volunteer as. Some positions get a lot of interest and fill up quickly, others you can walk in the day of and be assigned to. The volunteer coordinator(s) have a ridiculously tough job to try and get everything staffed and want to confirm and fill positions ASAP.
If you are willing to settle for something like radio room monitor as I did for part of Houston, you can wait until a week or two before. I have to say though, it was disappointingly far away from all action. I also volunteered for load out which was stressful but also a good way to see stuff happen.

I guess my point is that even if you wait until just before the event, there are still less desirable jobs that are close to game play if that is what you want. Just don't expect to be queuing or inspecting (or anything else popular).
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Snapchat // GitHub // The Blue Alliance // Web

FREE ROBOTICS RESOURCES Click here
Admin of: FIRST ROBOTICS NETWORK ON FACEBOOK Click here
How to: FIRST DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION Click here
***50 FIRST Events and Counting!***
"I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary." -Billy Joel