View Single Post
  #29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2017, 09:17 AM
Just Itinerant
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NY Regionals and Options 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick Ferone View Post
Allegedly it was looked into in having Nassau colesium hold a two field event. I'm assuming some problems ensued with getting two fields over to there.

Hofstra is most likely going to use the field right from NYC. Not sure where they might get the other field from.
I could be wrong but it is based on what I heard.
Nassau Coliseum would be several times more expensive than Hofstra, so it's still financially unmanageable. It gets looked at and revisited all the time, but the rental's even more now after the renovation. If more money were available the next best choice would probably be to run a separate second LI event further out on the island to better accommodate Suffolk County teams, especially the Sag Harbor/Bridgehampton/Southold/Hampton Bays/Westhampton/etc. teams.

This year the NYC playing field will be busy with playoffs the same day that SBPLI should be setting up (Sunday). If they use the same field SBPLI would have to start setting up at Midnight for an 8:30am opening. In future years that wouldn't be such a problem.

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 09-20-2017 at 09:25 AM.