View Single Post
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 10:27 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
good analogy

Posted by bill whitley at 1/7/2001 6:54 PM EST

Student on team #70, Auto City Bandits, from Powers Catholic High School and Kettering University.

In Reply to: Re: what are we gonna cheer?
Posted by Jon on 1/7/2001 6:46 PM EST:

Last year, we had basketball, this year we have golf.

Bill

: You ever watch golf? That what this is... You play to get a better score than the other guy...

: I know that unless we're really impressed, we'll be asking at the forum to kick the action up a couple of notches... a nod to years past... there's no confusing FIRST with BattleBots but fuzzy pink flowers and hugging are going too far...

: I know that we'll plan for alternatives and remember that the postseason will bring any rules we agree on...

: : As I said before, this year's game is really a show of skills. Really similar to science fair. But you know what, it's going to be so much fun designing and building the robot. And when maximum scores appear in the game, people are going to be really exciting about it.