View Single Post
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 09:27 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: about this year's game

Posted by Jon at 1/7/2001 7:36 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

In Reply to: about this year's game
Posted by Ken Leung on 1/7/2001 7:21 PM EST:

Well... my view is that you'll have a strategy attached to your machine, you'll have built that thing to do a certain set of things, so your first match will set your personal standard... then you can do better against yourself...

ok. maybe i'm reaching, but i like golf better than bowling (plus i really like Jessica's whispering announcer commentary...)

---
: Another analogy one can make (maybe a bit more appropiate) is that this game looks like bowling, because in golf you are playing against a standard score, while bowling is simply getting the most pins hitted.

: About Battle Bots, I believe this year they are trying to make sure the image that FIRST is a different think shows, and that is exactly what happened.