View Single Post
  #100   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:04 PM
#StickToTheStratisQuo
AKA: Gregor Browning
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2012
Gregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bergman View Post
Here's my idea (haven't seen it before). Not so much of an overall idea, but rather a specific suggestion:

Have the field covered with, say, ping-pong balls. Well, something more durable, but soft so that robots aren't damaged. Have these balls be unrelated to scoring (or maybe a small point bonus for removing them to storage bins along the sides).

With this idea, robots would have to be specifically designed to maneuver through obstacles. I feel that this would make for an interesting break from the previous FRC fields, where all 'bots almost have to use a fairly standard wheel design. Also, of course, this might lead to an actual iteration of the intro videos' famous bulldozer-bot.
Field reset volunteers everywhere are groaning at the thought of it. I was ref for FLL this year, and the little LEGO bacteria balls were annoying enough. Now multiply that by 1000
FLL 2011-2015 Glen Ames Robotics-Student, Mentor
FRC 2012-2013 Team 907-Scouting Lead, Strategy Lead, Human Player, Driver
FRC 2014-2015 Team 1310-Mechanical, Electrical, Drive Captain
FRC 2011-xxxx Volunteer
How I came to be a FIRSTer
<Since 2011