View Single Post
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I prefer you give a perfect effort.
AKA: That's "Mr. Bill"
FRC #2073 (EagleForce)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
billbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond reputebillbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: paper: Shooter Wheel Speed Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
If you get a chance, try getting rid of the voltage ramp*, and increase the update rate to 20ms instead of 50ms.

[i]
*unless you need the voltage ramp to keep the Jag from shutting down at spinup. If so, try turning off the Jag's voltage ramp and put a ramp in the cRIO instead, and make it active only in the increasing direction, and only for speeds below the necessary spinup speed.
I can easily see that setting the "Slew Rate Limiter" to only apply in a positive direction when the wheel is below a certain RPM could have a big benefit.

With the largest current loads taking place in the first few loops when starting from 0 RPM, that is when the Jag. would shut down. So, if the limiter only applied when the wheel was below, say 100 RPM, then you would always get full power pulses to maintain the desired RPM.
Easy enough to do in LabView. I'll update my .vi's and have them posted shortly!
2014 2X Rockwell Automation: Innovation in Control Award (CVR and SAC).
Curie Division Gracious Professionalism Award.
2014 Capital City Classic Winner AND Runner Up. Madtown Throwdown: Runner up.
2015 Innovation in Control Award, Sacramento.
2016 Chezy Champs Finalist, 2016 MTTD Finalist
2017 Utah Regional Winner!, Sacramento Finalist
Innovation in Control Newton/Carver Divisions , Newton #5 Captain
2018 WFFA Sacramento, Creativity Award Galileo-Robling Divisions