View Single Post
  #66   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-18-2002, 09:42 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Been-In-FIRST-Too-Long
FRC #1438 (The Aztechs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Matt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Leese
Quote:
Originally posted by wysiswyg

Yeah but robot combat is as old as first is and I've always thought the person who created it was the creator of biohazard. Of course when you've got enough people who have the same problem with set screws they probably all say that set screws suck.
Actually, FIRST is a year older than any robotic combat that I've ever heard about. The FIRST Robotics Competition was started in 1992. The British version of Robot Wars was started in 1993. Battlebots didn't start until 2000 (if I remember correctly; it could've been 1999). I've heard the "set screws inhale audibly" quote for quite awhile. I think it's fairly accurate to say that Woody thought it up as opposed to stealing it from Battlebots. It also is very much in Woody's style (inhale audibly as opposed to suck). My bet is that Woody came up with it on his own.

Matt