View Single Post
  #81   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
AKA: Brendan Browne
FRC #3467 (Windham Windup)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best Robots Not At Championship, 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra_Fact_Man View Post
Ha; that's what I get for trying to do math at 5 in the morning.

So you wouldn't get every team going in a 4-yr period, but you would inevitably have more different teams. My main motivation here is, while other competitions are indeed cheaper and more convenient, no other even has the same atmosphere or scale as the Championship. Simply put, it is an event like no other event. More people should get to experience that, at least once in their career.
While I agree that it is great for teams to go and get the experience, our growth is going to start impeding on those buy in slots. It was nice in the past few years to have the ability to buy in after years of not qualifying but as we grow with more regionals I would hate to see qualifying slots from state championships diminish, divisions grow to extreme numbers, or number of matches drop to accomodate buy in teams.

I'm not saying here and now this is a problem, I think we are ok at the moment, but in the next 5 years what will the expansion of the FRC program look like in #of teams, regionals, and district systems? What growth have we seen in the last 5 seasons?

Member of the New England FRC community? Join the FRC New England Alliance Facebook Group