View Single Post
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Another day, gotta give 'em hell
AKA: It's burning straight through the dark...
FRC #1293 (Pandamaniacs); FTC #11444 (Garnet Squadron) (Also, CD mod.)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Autonomous - How do you know the "thing" in intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stratis View Post
I find that this limit switch, which has been in the KoP for many years, is extremely useful for detecting game objects. The long arm, adjustable angle, and durability are key. With the power cubes, for example, if you had a "standard" roller claw, you could place one of these in the back, or have one on each side and it would trigger when the cube was captured. Personally, I like the idea of using two or more in many situations - it gives you the chance to teach the students about series or parallel wiring, and you can often increase the dependability of the system that way.
+1 for that limit switch; it was great when 4901 used it in 2014. If I'm doing a mechanical limit switch, it's that one. Though I'd probably want to try to use a Talon SRX's current sensing function first these days.

2004-2006: FRC 1293 (D5 Robotics) - Student, Mentor, Coach
2007-2009: FRC 1618 (Capital Robotics) - Mentor, Coach
2009-2013: FRC 2815 (Los Pollos Locos) - Mentor, Coach - Palmetto '09, Peachtree '11, Palmetto '11, Palmetto '12
2010: FRC 1398 (Keenan Robo-Raiders) - Mentor - Palmetto '10
2014-2016: FRC 4901 (Garnet Squadron) - Co-Founder and Head Bot Coach - Orlando '14, SCRIW '16
2017: FRC 5402 (Iron Kings) - Mentor, Coach (oh, and I worked at AndyMark during this time)
2018-: FRC 1293 (Pandamaniacs) - Mentor

117 events (more than will fit in a ChiefDelphi signature), 15 seasons, over 74,500 miles, and still on a mission from Bob.
Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.