View Single Post
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Discerning and exacting individual
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [FTC]: Cryptobox Detection

I know very little about the FTC control system but if it were me, I'd probably recommend storing the patterns of all 3 pictographs and do a compare against the one on the field and then run my auto routine based on the pattern found. You can likely improve this by figuring out the differences between them and only concentrating on identifying those differences rather than the complete image.

Before I ever did that though, I'd examine all the possible points and scoring options and I'd figure out if scoring those pictograph based auto points is actual worth the time. It might make more mathematical sense to go after another challenge.
Clarke's Laws