View Single Post
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Enginerd
FTC #11722
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2014
ArtemusMaximus is a splendid one to beholdArtemusMaximus is a splendid one to beholdArtemusMaximus is a splendid one to beholdArtemusMaximus is a splendid one to beholdArtemusMaximus is a splendid one to beholdArtemusMaximus is a splendid one to beholdArtemusMaximus is a splendid one to beholdArtemusMaximus is a splendid one to behold
Re: [FTC]: Cryptobox Detection

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
I know very little about the FTC control system but if it were me, I'd probably recommend storing the patterns of all 3 pictographs and do a compare against the one on the field and then run my auto routine based on the pattern found. You can likely improve this by figuring out the differences between them and only concentrating on identifying those differences rather than the complete image.

Before I ever did that though, I'd examine all the possible points and scoring options and I'd figure out if scoring those pictograph based auto points is actual worth the time. It might make more mathematical sense to go after another challenge.
Detecting Pictograph is not an issue. FTC SDK already pre-loaded with Pictographs for detection by PTC Vuforia. SDK also has the sample code for that.
My question was about detecting location of Cryptobox itself for placing the Glyph in correct place.
It doesn't appear like it too difficult, but I am not sure how to do it.
2014 FRC 5064 (Mentor)