Thread: Saving Seats
View Single Post
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2006, 08:38 PM
is getting lost in her new home
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta), #1504 (alum), #67 (alum)

Rookie Year: 2003
Beth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saving Seats

From Karthik's description of the situation the answer is quite simple. The other team is in the wrong.

I get that you want to sit together, that's great, it boosts teamwork. I have no problem with you leaving your seat for 5-10 minutes to use the restroom or grab a soda, nor do I think anyone else does.

It is clear, however, that the saving of seats is not permitted. "Everyone else does it" just doesn't cut it. I'm sorry, if every other team brought in a bandsaw and put it in their pits, would you do it too? No because that's a robot rule, it must be strictly followed, the judges might see you. Hmmm, interesting point. Isn't GP what you do when you're on and off the field? Whether you're being watched or not? If someone could please explain to me what horrid harm these team members of 188 and 1114 were doing to this poor team that was making sure that no one sat in these empty seats I would very much appreciate it.

If there were enough seats for them to put their tushes down without having to have a member of the other team stand up and move, then get over it. The other team was in the wrong and had a hissy fit for being called on it. Boo-hoo, grow up, get over it.