View Single Post
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Greg Needel's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
REVving up for a new season
FRC #2848 (ALLSPARKS)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST Withdrawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.R.T.
For the college kids: What do you do instead of FIRST? It may not have sunk in yet but once the construction preiod is here and you have nothing to do for 6 weeks it'll hit ya.
there are many ways to continue your first experience in collge.

*mentor a team - probably the most rewarding for you, but remember you arn;t there to build the robot anymore you are there to inspire

*work at a regional - this wont fill your 6 weeks but it will let you continue your connection with FIRST

*get on the regional planning committee- much more work and it will carry you through the year

another way to fill the void is to get involved in another project...for example i am a leader on my schools DARPA grand challenge team and i have to devote many hours to that year round.....there are many other project oriented things at school, FIRST is not the end...it is the beginning

Last edited by Greg Needel : 09-24-2004 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling