I live and breath FIRST even in the offseason. After Championships were over this year I was desperate to find a way to stay immersed in the world of FIRST. (Thats when I joined CD)
Here are some of the ways I do this:
1) Go on CD nearly every day (and try really hard to restrain myself when I have homework to do. CD is very distracting when there is homework to be done
2) Work on PR stuff for the team. Go to local businesses with other members of the team to try and raise money. Organize a few presentations that we are planning on doing. ex: Rotary Club, Lion's Club, Chamber of Commerce expo. Help write new parent handbook.
3) Attend offseason competitions with my team. They are oasises of sorts...super-fun breaks in the long stretch of time between the end of the season and the kickoff.
4) Work on off-season projects with my team, such as converting our 03 bot into a small ball herder/collector.
5) Teach rookie members of the team how to do stuff.