#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Joe Johnson's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineer at Medrobotics
AKA: Dr. Joe
FRC #0088 (TJ2)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Joe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
There was a LOT of worrying in 1999

There was quite a bit of worrying about broken robots in 1999.

There were times when I prayed not to get paired against a particularly rough team.

Even so, I think that there was a no touch rule away from the puck. If I am remembering right, if you raised your basket away from the puck, you were not subject to being messed with.

This year things are very different because my robot is a legitimate game piece for my opponents. This is a difference that changes everything. In the past, the only reason to mess with someone elses robot was for defensive purposes -- specifically to keep them from scoring. This year I have not only defensive but offensive reasons to mess with another team's robot.

A whole new world.

Joe J.