OCCRA
Go to Post FIRSTers in particular want very strictly delineated guidelines so that they know exactly what parameters under which they're working, except when they don't. - pfreivald [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-21-2018, 01:11 AM
FRC #6996

Nimbus is an unknown quantity at this point
paper: Miscellaneous Statistics Projects 2018

I haven't read everything entirely in-depth, but in a game like this years averaging scores isn’t as accurate a measurement of how good a robot is. Do you account for this in any way? To me it seems to accurately predict matches better data would be required.

Last edited by Nimbus : 10-21-2018 at 08:20 AM.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)

Rookie Year: 2009
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: paper: Miscellaneous Statistics Projects 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I haven't read everything entirely in-depth, but in a game like this years averaging scores isn’t as accurate a measurement of how good a robot is. Do you account for this in any way? To me it seems to accurately predict matches better data would be required.
Are you referring specifically to any of my books or just speaking generally?

I'm assuming the latter here. My general match prediction algorithm is a raw average of predicted contribution win probability and Elo win probability. Neither of these methods "average scores" like you seem to be saying. Both of them only incorporate raw match scores though, not any scouting data or detailed score breakdowns. I'm looking to make a second more advanced Elo model soon which incorporates some aspects of the published score breakdowns, that will hopefully be noticeably more predictive than my current Elo model.

Not sure I answered your question though, so let me know if you were asking something else.
I'm currently looking for a job starting in Jan 2019, and I'm willing to move anywhere. I have a BS and an MS in EE and would like to work in Controls, Power Electronics, or Embedded Systems. If you know of a job like this feel free to PM me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: