Go to Post I wonder how many games we could come up with that are not the one for FRC 2008. - AndrewN [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > FIRST Tech Challenge
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Linux Guy.
AKA: James D
FTC #0040 (Grep Lurch Grab)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2005
jamesgecko is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jamesgecko Send a message via Yahoo to jamesgecko
Angry "easy"C v2.0: When upgrades go bad.

Hello, I'm hoping we can get some help with this.
Alex and I, the Team 40 coders have just spent the past two and a half hours attempting to get the easyC 2.0 upgrade working.

We followed the easyC 2.0 free upgrade instructions on usfirst.org, installed the update and emailed intelitek for the cd key.

Intelitek sent us a non-working cd key.

We've been running the software in trial mode, trying to get stuff going, anyway.

We can't get any code to download to the controler. After much pulling out of hair, we managed to send the v11 master update to the controller (We are using the 04/05 controllers from the demo last year)
We can't get anything else sent. It gives us this message
"The device you are attempting to download to does not match the device selected in the 'Select Device' dialog. Please verify that your device match or deselect the 'Verify & Download option in the 'Loader Setup' dialog."

We've tried swapping devices in the 'Select Device' dialog. We can send code to it if we turn off the "Verify & Download" option, but it won't respond correctly. We've placed random "PrintToScreen" events in the code, but none of them ever execute.

Any ideas? We're getting pretty sick of the whole thing. (Alex has gone bald.)
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Lifer
FRC #0190 (Gompei and the Herd)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Francis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond reputeFrancis-134 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "easy"C v2.0: When upgrades go bad.

May I suggest calling intelitek support. I'm pretty sure that if you CD key is not working, they can give you a replacement, or perhaps help you to get the current key working. I don't know their number, but it may be in some of the literature you recieved, or perhaps check intelitek.com.

Email | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Twitch
iTunes Podcast | Snapchat

A proud alumnus of teams 134 and 40 || Mentor of Team 190 || Director of Fun for BattleCry@WPI
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2006, 10:58 AM
You didn't see anything....
AKA: Adam
FRC #0501 (Power Knights)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Kingofl337
Re: "easy"C v2.0: When upgrades go bad.

Sorry about the issues you are having with EasyC. I have sent you an
e-mail. Everything seems to ok with your key on our end we show
you registered EasyC V2 about 1hr after this post.

Also, it sounds like you are trying to program the FRC controler
with VEX software which doesn't work. We are only at MasterCode
V6 for VEX.

Last edited by Kingofl337 : 02-22-2006 at 11:23 AM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Linux Guy.
AKA: James D
FTC #0040 (Grep Lurch Grab)
Team Role: Leadership

jamesgecko is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jamesgecko Send a message via Yahoo to jamesgecko
Thumbs up Re: "easy"C v2.0: When upgrades go bad.

Update:
We solved the problem via email. The problem was totally on my end.

On one of our test systems, we somehow managed to install the FRC easyC 2.0 upgrade, not the FVC one. I'm still amazed that we managed to update the MasterCode on our little Vex controller with a FRC file.

Our other test system was running Windows 98 with Internet Explorer 5.5. Apparently, the easyC 2.0 registration mechanism prefers IE6. An IE service-pack later, problem solved.

I'd like to thank Adam & Intelitek for the tech support & helping us get this running.

Thanks!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2006, 01:31 AM
And so forth
FTC #0040 (Grep, Lurch, Grab)

Terpene is an unknown quantity at this point
Great Intelitek helpdesk for easyC upgrades.

Speaking as the mentor of Team 40, I really appreciate the help from Intelitek and the kingofl337 in sorting out the compatibility issues. We zipped several e-mails back and forth with the helpdesk over a 24 hour period before the nonobvious issues became obvious; Adam's responsiveness and persistence in this was outstanding. In fairness, I hope everyone who notices the frowning face that started this thread also sees my posting here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: