easyC PRO on Ubuntu Linux
I did a quick search to see if anyone has posted this before, and didn't really find anything besides a locked thread. Sorry if this information is already somewhere else.
I spent some time trying to get easyC PRO to work on Ubuntu tonight, and I thought I'd share how I got it to work.
* Note: I have not yet tested the USB/Serial adapter with this.
Step 1: Get Wine 0.9.29 from here. Note that the compiler will not work with 0.9.22.
Step 2: After Wine is installed, download easyC PRO. Run the setup with the command wine /path/to/easyCPro.exe. This works mostly the same as on Windows.
Step 3: After you have easyC PRO installed, you can run it using wine "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/easyC.exe"
Step 4: At this point, easyC should work normally with one problem - code will not compile. I'm not exactly sure if all of these things need to be done, but before I got it to work I did the following:
- Rename "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/Frc" to "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC"
- Rename "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC/Api" to "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC/API"
- Rename "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC/API/Api.h" to "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC/API/API.h"
- I'm still not sure on why this part had to be done:
Edit API.h and remove all of the VEX parts from it, and all of the #ifdef _FRC_BOARD and #endif lines associated with them. I'm guessing the compiler may have freaked out with the line breaks on those, but I really don't know. My copy of API.h that is working is attached.
I think that's it, but I messed around with this for quite a while so I might have missed a step or two.
Hope this helps.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Download easyC PRO & 2007 Kickoff Code||Kingofl337||Programming||1||01-24-2008 09:15 AM|
|Additional easyC Pro License||Dung H Cao||Programming||2||01-10-2007 02:45 PM|
|pic: intelitek's present to you.....a sneak peek at easyC PRO!||Jessica Boucher||Extra Discussion||22||01-02-2007 02:06 PM|
|pic: easyC PRO at work!||Jessica Boucher||Extra Discussion||12||12-14-2006 03:25 PM|