OCCRA
Go to Post I think they get nutrition from chain greese. - Lucid [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 04:45 PM
FRC #2357 (System Meltdown)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2012
Mr. Deal is an unknown quantity at this point
When does 2019 KOP Optout open?

I have a question for CD.
As a new coach, I am wondering if someone could advise me of when approximately the KOP Optout open up to Optout?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 04:50 PM
FRC #5550

rlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond reputerlance has a reputation beyond repute
Re: KOP Optout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Deal View Post
I have a question for CD.
As a new coach, I am wondering if someone could advise me of when approximately the KOP Optout open up to Optout?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

This is from Calendar

Drive Base Opt Out 10/01/2018 - 12:00pm to 10/09/2018 - 12:00pm
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Just Itinerant
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

And the FRC Blog from last year: https://www.firstinspires.org/roboti...al-game-pieces
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 05:00 PM
The Philadelphian emigrant
AKA: Ari Meles-Braverman
FRC #5987 (Galaxia)
Team Role: Mentor

AriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, there is no option to opt-out of the entire KoP. Non-rookie teams have the option to choose a $450 AndyMark product voucher (credit) instead of getting the Kit of Parts drivetrain. Regardless, every team gets the rest of the Kit of Parts tote.
2012-2016: FRC 423 Member 15njtab 15padre 16paphi
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 05:09 PM
FRC #2357 (System Meltdown)
Team Role: Coach

Mr. Deal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriMB View Post
Just to clarify, there is no option to opt-out of the entire KoP. Non-rookie teams have the option to choose a $450 AndyMark product voucher (credit) instead of getting the Kit of Parts drivetrain. Regardless, every team gets the rest of the Kit of Parts tote.
Correct, that is what I meant. I apologize.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 05:50 PM
The Philadelphian emigrant
AKA: Ari Meles-Braverman
FRC #5987 (Galaxia)

AriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Deal View Post
Correct, that is what I meant. I apologize.
No need to apologize. I just wanted to make sure it was a mis-speaking and not a much more serious misunderstanding.
2012-2016: FRC 423 Member 15njtab 15padre 16paphi
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Mentor
FRC #3103 (Iron Plaid)

Rookie Year: 2009
philso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first time I have had to serve as one of the lead mentors so this is the first time Ihave had to deal with the opt out. Can the voucher be used to purchase any item from AndyMark or only specific items? I searched here and was unable to find the answer.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 06:10 PM

FRC #5012 (Gryffingear)

Rookie Year: 2007
Jeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy Germita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philso View Post
This is the first time I have had to serve as one of the lead mentors so this is the first time Ihave had to deal with the opt out. Can the voucher be used to purchase any item from AndyMark or only specific items? I searched here and was unable to find the answer.
Any items are valid. I like stocking up on batteries and bearings using our voucher.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 06:10 PM
love/hate relationship with swerve
AKA: Parthiv Krishna
FRC #3082 (Chicken Bot Pie) and FTC #13471 Mentor (Vortechs)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2016
pkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's just anything on AndyMark

“Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.”
2010-2011: FLL 11083, 13873 (Minnetonka Silver) - Programmer
2016-: FRC 3082 (Chicken Bot Pie) - Engineering Captain, Driver, Programming Lead
2017-: FTC 13471 (Minnetonka) - Founding Mentor
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Somebody Else
AKA: Gus Michel II
no team

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any item. [Assuming no changes this year,] the mechanics of it is that you get a code on your firstinspires dashboard, just like you do with many of the other virtual KoP items. Log into AndyMark, enter the code, and you have a $450 balance on the books with them. When I was doing most of the buying for 3946, this was an easy $450 I didn't have to get specific approval for, so most of it was spent in the week after kickoff as we'd figure out what wheels, gears, and other oddball items we were likely to need to meet the year's challenge. AndyMark allows this credit to be used toward shipping charges, as contrasted with FIRST Choice and several other virtual KoP codes and coupons. IIRC, I even used KoP credits to buy things which were on closeout.

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
[Quoting brennonbrimhall]: We design a new robot every year, but we can't forget that we also design a new team every year as folks come and go.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 08:36 PM
Mentor
FRC #3103 (Iron Plaid)

philso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Gentlemen.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 09:33 PM
AKA: rick page
FRC #2067 (Apple Pi)

Rookie Year: 2008
page2067 is a jewel in the roughpage2067 is a jewel in the roughpage2067 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Note - One opt out is about equal to one Roborio (from AM)

and then a PDB and VRM from First Choice... now another robot is enabled!
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Somebody Else
AKA: Gus Michel II
no team

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2067 View Post

3946 has played this a bit differently. We've purchased two "frame only" kits from AndyMark over the summer/fall, then opted out. This way, we've known what we were working with up front, could make basic plans for various games, and had about $450 in unrestricted funds to buy whatever we think we need during week 1. This has proven to be one of those "the plan isn't important, but the planning is important" cases every year.

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
[Quoting brennonbrimhall]: We design a new robot every year, but we can't forget that we also design a new team every year as folks come and go.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2018, 10:50 PM
Mentor
FRC #3103 (Iron Plaid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2067 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTwo View Post
3946 has played this a bit differently. We've purchased two "frame only" kits from AndyMark over the summer/fall, then opted out. This way, we've known what we were working with up front, could make basic plans for various games, and had about $450 in unrestricted funds to buy whatever we think we need during week 1. This has proven to be one of those "the plan isn't important, but the planning is important" cases every year.
We just did a rough inventory of the parts and materials we have in stock already. There is sufficient 2" x 1" tubing for at least 5 years worth of robots. We have sufficient new and used control system parts and motors (CIMS, Mini_CIMS, BAG, 775Pro) for 3 complete, identical robots. I think if we use and re-use what we currently have, we essentially get many new speciallized parts "for free" each year i.e. wheels of types and sizes we currently do not have, pneumatic cylinders in sizes we don't currently have, batteries...
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-07-2018, 03:59 PM
On to my 18th year in FRC
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When does 2019 KOP Optout open?

Bumping this up. Only 2 days left to opt out!
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: