OCCRA
Go to Post With a one-on-one-on-one-on-one-on-one game it would be really easy. - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-07-2018, 11:17 PM
The Owen Day of Seattle
AKA: Jim Wright
FRC #4542 (Titanium Talons)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
JimWright949 is a splendid one to beholdJimWright949 is a splendid one to beholdJimWright949 is a splendid one to beholdJimWright949 is a splendid one to beholdJimWright949 is a splendid one to beholdJimWright949 is a splendid one to beholdJimWright949 is a splendid one to beholdJimWright949 is a splendid one to behold
Mark Leon from Portland 2004

Hello all,

I'm working on my DVD set from the Portland Regional in 2004. Mark Leon was the MC. I've pulled his short talk from Friday After Lunch.

https://youtu.be/btEgqf-1v8k

-Jim

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 01:03 AM
AKA: Eric
FRC #1425 (Error Code Xero)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
SoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeSoftwareBug2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mark Leon from Portland 2004

That's a blast from the past. It's always fun to see Mark Leon at work, and that was the first regional I ever went to. What's this DVD set you're working on?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 02:13 AM
FRC #0971

tchatow is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest uploading the raw DVD iso files to archive.org to retain the full quality and in case YouTube decides the background audio violates copyright in the future.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 02:21 AM
18 Years of FIRST!
AKA: Oscar Vasquez
FRC #4501 (Humans)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2001
SpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant future

Do the math. Always an inspiration.

2014-2019: Team 4501, Coach/Lead Mentor
2002-2011: Team 702, Mentor
2001-2002: Team 702, Captain
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 07:25 AM
Professor of Thinkology, ThD
AKA: @taylorstem
FRC #3487 (Red Pride Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

I spy with my little eye an Andy Baker referee at 1:02
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 08:33 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
I spy with my little eye an Andy Baker referee at 1:02
Yep! That was a memorable event. Bob Mimlitch (co-owner of IFI) is seen at 0:44. This is back when IFI provided and supported all of the field control electronics.

Also at this event were Jason Morrella (Regional Director), Blair Hundertmark (announcer), and Eddie Romanita as a first-time Show Ready Event manager. Jason asked me to be the head referee at the event, and I was honored to do so.

Mark was fun to work with. While he was so energetic on the field, we would also be found taking naps under the scoring table during down times.

Andy B.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Baker View Post
Yep! That was a memorable event. Bob Mimlitch (co-owner of IFI) is seen at 0:44. This is back when IFI provided and supported all of the field control electronics.

Also at this event were Jason Morrella (Regional Director), Blair Hundertmark (announcer), and Eddie Romanita as a first-time Show Ready Event manager. Jason asked me to be the head referee at the event, and I was honored to do so.

Mark was fun to work with. While he was so energetic on the field, we would also be found taking naps under the scoring table during down times.

Andy B.
Mark wasn't actually taking a nap. He was recharging his battery off of the scorpion case so he'd be at full power for the afternoon.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 10:05 AM
Chief of FUN
no team (First Updates Now)

Rookie Year: 2001
Tyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Baker View Post

Andy B.
I will always remember his breathing cycle: Two short breaths in, one long breath out. The man literally had an on/off switch and it was an incredible process to witness.

The beginning of this video pretty much gives you the insight to Mark from turning on the mic to early to weird sounds to the energy you saw in the intros all this is missing is a front flip roll (can't remember the name he used for this).
CD Moderator

Last edited by Tyler Olds : 10-08-2018 at 10:11 AM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 05:22 PM
54... What a good number!
AKA: Michael Dessingue
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Dez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I miss Mark and his enthusiasm, but I'll never miss building that field especially our first year in Atlanta.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Waiting for my Tableau Sponsorship
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
no team (Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm working on my DVD set...
Deviating a little bit from the main thread, theres a lot of relatively high quality footage that you've uploaded. Really cool to see.

Join the FRC Discord!
FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017

Volunteer
A/V: West Valley, PNW DCMP 2018

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: