OCCRA
Go to Post In most cases on FIRST robots, we have more material than in we need in some places and less than we need in others. That single phenomenon is the leading cause of robot failures. - Paul Copioli [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
OZ_341's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
#0341 (Wissahickon)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
OZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: 1923: WE DID IT!

Libby & Wayne:

Congratulations to your team. You've worked hard for this moment.

Al Ostrow
on behalf of Team 341
2016 Galileo Division, #6 Seed, 9 W - 1 L
2016 MAR District Innovation in Controls Award
2016 Westtown District Finalist (thank you 4954 & 484)
2016 Westtown District Imagery Award (It took 17 yrs)
2016 Hatboro District Judge's Award
Overall Record 49 W - 21 L
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Mike Wade, RIP You will be missed
AKA: Kyle Rice
FRC #0365 (MOE)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kyle

Congrats!!! Goes to show that with hard work and a little time you can accomplish anything!

Facebook
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
FRC #2344 (saunders droid factory)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2008
christina_omg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to christina_omg Send a message via Yahoo to christina_omg

haha. one of our mentors and drive coaches is in the back.

this is such a great picture!

huge thanks to 2753 and 1923 for picking us.
got scared for a little bit!
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Always a MidKnight Inventor.
AKA: Libby Kamen Drost
FRC #1923 (The MidKnight Inventors)

Rookie Year: 1992
Libby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
I'd love to see a photo of the reaction of the parents who have hung in with 1923 through it all. They must be over the moon.
Jane-

the reason for my CD user title...

Since we don't have school teachers, we're made up of a core group of parents that support us. We build in a garage in a student's house, and they pay for our propane heaters, our food, and they drove us out to 103's facility every weekend to drive practice. We love them for their support.

Our team parents stuck by us all weekend. They were in the stands, making all our kids were exactly where they had to be and keeping things in line. Most especially is our 'team mom'...my mom. She has been the complete support for the team all 4 years.

Before our last final match, I looked up to her, and said "Mom, this one's for you."

...and we won.

You can see some of our parents in the back cheering. They were so happy for us.
2010-Always: Proud Alumni, Mentor & Drive Coach. 2015 Woodie Flowers Finalist Award.

-
229: Division By Zero / 4124: Integration by Parts
2010-2013: Clarkson University Mentor for FLL, FTC & FRC

-
questions? comments? concerns? | twitter: @libbyk | about.me/libbykamen

Last edited by Libby K : 03-01-2009 at 12:23 PM.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Onward through the fog.
no team
Team Role: Alumni

JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby K View Post
Jane-

Our team parents stuck by us all weekend. They were in the stands, making all our kids were exactly where they had to be and keeping things in line. Most especially is our 'team mom'...my mom. She has been the complete support for the team all 4 years.

Before our last final match, I looked up to her, and said "Mom, this one's for you."

...and we won.

Dang it, Libby. You just made me cry. Time to take a walk outside.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
FRC #0829 (Digital Goats)

Rookie Year: 2004
IndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond reputeIndySam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jane-

Since we don't have school teachers, we're made up of a core group of parents that support us. We build in a garage in a student's house, and they pay for our propane heaters, our food, and they drove us out to 103's facility every weekend to drive practice. We love them for their support.

...and we won.

You can see some of our parents in the back cheering. They were so happy for us.

Congrats to all of you. That memory will stay with you for the rest of your life.

#22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you!
The photo is from the NJ Star Ledger...we were featured in an article here:
http://www.nj.com/starledger/stories...710.xml&coll=1

and he took some other great photos here.
(my favorite is btween the meditation photo and the one where I'm rolling my eyes at my coach & driver. & yes, I DO stick my tongue out when I'm concentrating on operating. )
Those are some really great pictures!
Congratulations Libby, Wayne and 1923.
It was a long time coming!
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
FRC #2554 (WarHawks)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2008
neoshaakti is a splendid one to beholdneoshaakti is a splendid one to beholdneoshaakti is a splendid one to beholdneoshaakti is a splendid one to beholdneoshaakti is a splendid one to beholdneoshaakti is a splendid one to beholdneoshaakti is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to neoshaakti

Congrats on your team's performance and resilience!
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Back Home in Indiana
FRC #1720 (PhyXTGears)

Rookie Year: 2001
Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux

That's really quite an amazing story. So much can go wrong at a regional but sometimes the Robot Gods make it so and clearly it happened for you guys

To put a little perspective on things, Purdue FIRST had their first regional win over the weekend and it took ten years to do it. Plenty of close calls, but this was the first.

Congratulations!
Team 4329 Mentor: 2013 - 2017 :: Team 1720 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 04:14 PM
What would Dave do?
AKA: Peter Kieselbach
FRC #3654 (Tech Tigers)

petek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to petek

Congratulations Team 1923. I know you worked very, very hard to get to this moment.

Looking at the pictures Libby linked, it struck me how often over the years Wayne has shown up in photos standing behind successful drivers. 1923 is lucky indeed to have this great mentor on board.

#26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 04:46 PM
AKA: 3 Teams in 3 Seasons
FRC #0190 (Gompei and the Herd)

Rookie Year: 2007
Ericgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud ofEricgehrken has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ericgehrken Send a message via Yahoo to Ericgehrken

Congratulations to 1923 on a job well done! you are an inspiration to us all!
2010-
2010 Suffield Shakedown Winner Thanks 178 and 177
2010 WPI Regional Rookie All Star
2010 WPI Dean's List Finalist
Team 195 Member 2007-2009
2007 CT Regional Winner Thanks to 1124 and 558
2008 FIRST Presidents Circle Winner
2009 Suffield Shakedown Winner thanks to 126 and 1124
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Team Mom
AKA: Wendy Austin
FRC #5816 (Gra-V)

Rookie Year: 2006
wendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
Dang it, Libby. You just made me cry. Time to take a walk outside.
Me to....Congrats to you and the team.....and the parents. Its fun when the whole family wins together!

PS Libby, your hair looks great!

Last edited by wendymom : 03-01-2009 at 06:06 PM.
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM
My Gaming Is FIRST!
AKA: Joey
FRC #0862 (Lightning Robotics)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2003
Joe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joe J.

Congratulations, winning the regional on your first time in the elimination tournament, that AMAZING !! Great work & good Luck the rest of the season!

I've yet to experience this, in the past 9 years we've been in the eliminations 5 times and have yet to make it to the Semi-Finals.

#29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Mentor for Hire.
AKA: Dustin Benedict
no team (Unaffiliated)

Rookie Year: 2005
thefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to thefro526 Send a message via MSN to thefro526

That picture is Priceless. I had no idea of how much you guys had to go through to even compete this year until I talked to Wayne. We were standing about 10 feet away from your pit and he said "look, I don't do anything, it's all them." I turned around and saw a fury of activity in the pits and I think everyone was a student. You guys should be really proud.

One last thing, I think this picture should be titled "We're not done yet!".... See you in Philly.
Current - No Team
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Impossible to rain on my parade.
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2003
Barry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Barry Bonzack

Huge congrats!

Chair of Florida FIRST Alumni
Orlando Regional Planning Committee
FIRST Tech Challenge Florida Leadership Team

Program Planner on the Orion Spacecraft at the Kennedy Space Center

Twitter: @FL_FIRST_Alumni

Events I'm Emceeing/Game Announcing:
1/10/2015 FTC Jacksonville League Championship
1/11/2015 FTC Central FL Tesla League Championship
1/17/2015 FTC South Florida League Championship