Go to Post Our team has one goal: be ourselves. - PayneTrain [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 09:26 AM
None #0333

itzrobz is an unknown quantity at this point
Camera Help

LabView is unable to find my camera, but i am able to upload code to it. What could be wrong?

-Programming Cable is Connected to Camera
-PWM1 and PWM2 are servos pan and tilt, respectively
-The TTL chip is connected to the RC.

Thanks for your time.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Just Itinerant
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Camera Help

To use Labview with the camera:
- Connect the camera directly to the PC via serial cable.
- Connect the camera power only to an RC PWM, analog or digital pin.
- Do not connect the camera to the RC TTL port.
- The RC and OI must be powered up and communicating.
- The camera must be switched on

You can have either Labview or the RC controlling the camera but not both at the same time. Trying to only confuses the camera since it doesn't know who to listen to.

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 10:22 AM
None #0333

The Camera Servos are connected to the RC. If i wanted to control those servos would I have to connect Camera or the RC?
In order to read the Camera output, would i have to combine the FRC code and the Camera code or upload the FRC code to RC and Camera code to camera?

Last edited by itzrobz : 01-14-2007 at 10:25 AM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Just Itinerant

Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

We only download our code to the RC not to the camera. That code in the RC handles setting up the camera.
We can send commands directly to the camera through Labview or a terminal emulation program on your PC to play around, but in competition we'll only be working through the RC code.

Labview cannot be used to test drive the camera servos with this year's model of the camera. It can play with the other camera controls, and help you focus the camera lens.

To run the camera with the servos, then disconnect your PC from the camera and connect the camera instead to the TTL port on the RC.
There are two ways to program your RC 1) MPLAB 2) EasyC.
For MPLAB download Kevin Watson's camera code from http://kevin.org/frc/, specifically start with http://kevin.org/frc/frc_camera_2.zip and use IFI_Loader to download the enclosed hex file to your RC.
For EasyC o to http://www.intelitekdownloads.com/easyCPRO/ for the code and post specific questions about it on this CD sub-forum http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=155

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 01-14-2007 at 10:39 AM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 10:30 AM
None #0333

That would mean I would have to combine the camera code and the FRC code and upload them to the RC?

Sorry, I am new to this.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Just Itinerant

Sorry to throw so much at you.

Yes, you'll need to combine your code, but start with just the camera code to make sure you figure out how that works first.

Start simple and build up.

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-14-2007, 10:52 AM
None #0333

Alright I understand what to do. Thanks for the help.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Biggest FIRST addict in Israel
AKA: Nir Levanon
FRC #2230 (Zcharia's Angels)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2007
Bomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Bomberofdoom

How does the connection of the camera for the Kevin's MPLab Camera code go?(or in simple english, how do I connect for he MPLab CMU code?)
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-21-2007, 09:36 AM
None #0333

you upload the code to the RC. ONLY the PWMs and the TTL should be connected from the RC to the Camera
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2007, 07:05 AM

Bomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond reputeBomberofdoom has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, wait. We had the camera working with LabVIEW. We're supposed to connect the camera to the TTL, the RC to the comp', pass the MPLab camera program to the RC and then take out the TTL, connect the CMU to the comp' and then use LabVIEW to calibrate?
If so, how?(and please don't send me to even more manuals, I try to read them but evantually I barely understand what they tell me to do ).
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2007, 07:31 AM
AKA: James Letendre
FRC #0195 (Cyber Knights)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2005
Imajie has much to be proud ofImajie has much to be proud ofImajie has much to be proud ofImajie has much to be proud ofImajie has much to be proud ofImajie has much to be proud ofImajie has much to be proud ofImajie has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Imajie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberofdoom View Post
Ok, wait. We had the camera working with LabVIEW. We're supposed to connect the camera to the TTL, the RC to the comp', pass the MPLab camera program to the RC and then take out the TTL, connect the CMU to the comp' and then use LabVIEW to calibrate?
If so, how?(and please don't send me to even more manuals, I try to read them but evantually I barely understand what they tell me to do ).
Once you load the program to the RC leave the TLL connected to the camera so the RC knows what the camera is seeing. You only need to have the camera connected to the computer to calibrate it. Hope that helps a little.

2006 Newton Divisional Winners
2006 Championship finalists
(Thanks 25 and 968 for picking us!)
2006 National Innovation in Control
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-22-2007, 09:11 AM

We loaded the program, it worked once(found the light), but the servos didn't move. Then we realized that we put the camera power and the Servo PWM cables to the Digital IO . We fixed it, put them all in the PWM output, didn't work. Put the power in the Digital IO. Didn't work.
What now????
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 10:38 AM
None #0333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberofdoom View Post
We loaded the program, it worked once(found the light), but the servos didn't move. Then we realized that we put the camera power and the Servo PWM cables to the Digital IO . We fixed it, put them all in the PWM output, didn't work. Put the power in the Digital IO. Didn't work.
What now????
SERVOS get plugged into the PWM.
As for the Camera Power, if PWM dont power it try plugging it into the Analog, thats what we did.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 10:47 AM
You didn't see anything....
AKA: Adam
FRC #0501 (Power Knights)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Kingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Kingofl337

I also recommend using the Digital or Analog outputs to power the camera. To make the servo's move make sure you have your backup battery charged. You can check to see if the OI is reporting low backup battery.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 03:41 PM
La Caņada High School
FRC #2429
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Kevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofl337 View Post
I also recommend using the Digital or Analog outputs to power the camera.
Perhaps I'm totally ignorant, but why do you continue to advise teams to do this?

-Kevin
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: