Go to Post Welcome to FIRST! It's in your blood now... - AmyPrib [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#76   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 08:46 PM
2018 Dean's List Finalist
AKA: Morgan Heller
FRC #2869 (Regal Eagles)
Team Role: Photography

Rookie Year: 2015
mocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant future
Re: So You Are Going to Championship (Detroit)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranY View Post
Do you know if Ford Field has changed the policy, or is it just Cobo Center that allows backpacks?
Given that Cobo has changed its policies for this event, it's very likely that Ford has, too. I contacted FF when I did Cobo and haven't gotten an email back from them, but I'm assuming it's the same deal. Just don't expect your hacksaw to make it through security
  #77   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 08:50 PM
School is a pre-robotics activity
AKA: Karan Yadav
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2016
Brian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud ofBrian Maher Fan Club has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocat10 View Post
Given that Cobo has changed its policies for this event, it's very likely that Ford has, too. I contacted FF when I did Cobo and haven't gotten an email back from them, but I'm assuming it's the same deal. Just don't expect your hacksaw to make it through security
Ok thanks!

2018: Central New York Winners, TVR Finalists, Detroit World Championship Darwin Quarterfinalists, IRI Invite
2017: TVR Winners, NYC Semifinalists, St. Louis World Championship Curie Quarterfinalists, IRI Invite, Ra Cha Cha Ruckus Quarterfinalists, Robot Rumble Winners
2016: TVR Semifinalists, FLR Semifinalists, Robot Rumble Winners, BattleCry Winners
  #78   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 09:50 PM
FRC #1729 (Monadnock 4-H Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
Trying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud of

Quote:
I contacted Cobo personally and they said that they would not take any action in taking away your food, just not to bring in whole meals and bags of snacks. A few water bottles per person and snacks is completely fine and will not be confiscated.
That is certainly good news and I will definitely share with my team!

Brighid

#79   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2018, 09:55 PM
Hungry Dawgs Run Faster
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Rookie Year: 2003
Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris is me View Post
Also worth noting is that both St Louis and Atlanta were played in active NFL stadiums. Unless we hear otherwise I would certainly not be assuming that you aren’t allowed to bring backpacks to the stadium. The NFL rules haven’t applied to FIRST events in the past.
This policy was implemented by the NFL in the fall of 2013, after championship left Atlanta. The St. Louis Rams left for Los Angeles in 2016. So there's basically only a 2 year period where this policy was in effect for the Edward Jones Dome, and the FIRST Championship had already been situated there for multiple years before it went into effect.
  #80   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2018, 01:27 PM
AKA: Kevin Swift's Biggest Fan
FRC #0910 (The Foley Freeze)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2016
lcraig910 is on a distinguished road

Everyone worrying about transportation, remember this: not a single major league sports team will be playing when Champs is in Detroit. Both the Red Wings and the Pistons didn't make it to the playoffs and the Tigers are away at Baltimore, and of course football doesn't play in the springtime. I also looked at visitdetroit.com and couldn't find any major events occurring at the same time.
  #81   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Zen Archer
AKA: Senor Mas
FRC #0571 (Team Paragon)

Rookie Year: 1998
MooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcraig910 View Post
Tigers are away at Baltimore, and of course football doesn't play in the springtime. I also looked at visitdetroit.com and couldn't find any major events occurring at the same time.
So sad about this.
We went to so many Cardinals games in St. Louis during the CMP there.
Such an easy walk from the hotels, a beautiful ballpark with knowledgable and friendly midwestern fans.

Hopefully next year......
  #82   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2018, 08:53 PM
2018 Dean's List Finalist
AKA: Morgan Heller
FRC #2869 (Regal Eagles)
Team Role: Photography

mocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant futuremocat10 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpapplefamily View Post
Reading through the list seem there are only two items that most will have an hang up with and if we can get that cleared up it should go smooth.

Code:
• Backpacks, luggage, grocery & paper bags, duffle bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases 
• Cameras with lenses longer than five inches. Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
•
• Electronic equipment including laptop computers, video recorders, tripods & wearable video cameras including Go Pros.

You suppose the intention to the 5" lens is to still allow this in? Attached to the camera and with the UV lens off it is just under 5". Off the camera it is 5.5"
Your camera is legal. Any camera, really. Mine is slightly larger, and I had asked if I could still bring it in and got the OK.
2018 SBPLI Long Island Regional #1 Engineering Inspiration Winner
2018 Tesla Sub-Division Winner

#83   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2018, 01:02 PM
FRC #0321

sdormer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hey! So I decided to contact Cobo Center (4/14/18) in case FIRST or the venue made any accommodations regarding backpacks and devices (cameras, laptops, etc), and we're in the clear! They will be checking bags for contraband, but won't be taking the bags away. The email reply also states that any type of backpack is okay, so no size constraints.
Would you be able to post a screenshot of this email?

Thanks
  #84   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2018, 03:49 PM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcraig910 View Post
Tigers are away at Baltimore, and of course football doesn't play in the springtime. I also looked at visitdetroit.com and couldn't find any major events occurring at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooreteP View Post
So sad about this.
We went to so many Cardinals games in St. Louis during the CMP there.
Such an easy walk from the hotels, a beautiful ballpark with knowledgable and friendly midwestern fans.

Hopefully next year......
It was announced that Trump would be in Macomb County Saturday 4/24.
  #85   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2018, 05:45 PM
A Kangaroo
FRC #4967 (That ONE Team)
Team Role: Leadership

Joey Jordan is just really niceJoey Jordan is just really niceJoey Jordan is just really niceJoey Jordan is just really nice

Our scouting team is currently waiting for both division announcements and sandwiches...

At this point I'll be happy with either.
  #86   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2018, 10:57 AM
FRC #3634 (Hard Botties)

Rookie Year: 2005
Storcky is on a distinguished road

Does anybody have any information about the seating in Cobo Center? Bleachers? Stadium chairs?
Pittsburgh Regional Planning Committee [2016]
Mentor for 1708 - Amp'd Robotics [2017-?]
  #87   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Mentor, LRI, MN RPC
FRC #2177 (The Robettes)

Rookie Year: 2006
Jon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure i read bleachers somewhere, but I don't recall where.
2016: Lake Superior WFFA
  #88   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2018, 01:16 PM
Just a College Kid
AKA: Jacob Dara
FRC #7226 (Error 404)

Rookie Year: 2012
darajaco is a jewel in the roughdarajaco is a jewel in the roughdarajaco is a jewel in the roughdarajaco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stratis View Post
I'm pretty sure i read bleachers somewhere, but I don't recall where.
Yeah cobo doesn't really have stadium seating that i can remember, its a convention center so FIRST is probably bringing in their own.

---------------------------------------------
2013-2017 2960 Automation Nation (Student)
2018-???? 7226 Error 404 (Mentor)
---------------------------------------------
2015 Champs Tesla Division Semi-Finalist...2017 MSC Dow Division Finalist
2017 Southfield Event Winner......................2017 North Champs Daly Division Semi-Finalist
2017 St. Joseph Indiana Event Winner........2018 Shepherd Event Winner
  #89   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2018, 06:16 PM
FRC #3634 (Hard Botties)

Rookie Year: 2005
Storcky is on a distinguished road

I found this picture online, but no idea if that's accurate. http://www.stadiumpostcards.com/cobo...e1523461255381
Pittsburgh Regional Planning Committee [2016]
Mentor for 1708 - Amp'd Robotics [2017-?]
  #90   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2018, 06:49 PM
2052 Coach, Build/Electrical Mentor
AKA: Pete
FRC #2052 (KnightKrawler)

Rookie Year: 2007
pntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond reputepntbll1313 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storcky View Post
I found this picture online, but no idea if that's accurate. http://www.stadiumpostcards.com/cobo...e1523461255381
That accurately shows what the Cobo Hall Arena was, but as it says in your link they demolished it. The FRC event takes place at at the Cobo Center. https://www.firstchampionship.org/detroit-home

Here's a link to what the field setup will look like with the seating layout (I'm guessing those sections are bleachers they are bringing in. https://www.firstinspires.org/roboti...detroit-layout
SF-Carson Division Champs, Winner-Lake Superior
2016 (mentor/drive-coach)
QF-Einstein, Winner-Carson Division Champs, Winner-10K Lakes, Chairman's Award-10K Lakes, Finalists-Lake Superior, Winner-MSHSL
2015 (mentor/drive-coach)
Finalists-10K Lakes, Finalists-Lake Superior, Finalist-MSHL, QF-Galileo Division Champs
2014 (mentor/drive-coach)
Winner-10K Lakes, Winner-Lake Superior Winner-MSHSL, QF-Galileo Division Champs
2013 (mentor/drive-coach)
Winner-10K Lakes, Winner-Lake Superior, Winner-MSHSL, QF-Newton Division Champs
2012 (mentor/drive-coach)
Finalists-Lake Superior, Semi-Finalist-MSHSL, Semi-Finalists-10,000 Lakes
2008-2011 (college mentor)
2007 (driver)
QF-Milwaukee

Last edited by pntbll1313 : 04-19-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: