Go to Post oooo can i get bear hugged at monty madness...please big mike, please - Rohith Surampudi [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Awards > Chairman's Award
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2017, 04:09 PM
Director of Programs, GOFIRST
AKA: Nick Aarestad
FTC #9205 (The Iron Maidens)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
cadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond repute
2017 Chairman's Award Winners

If this post looks similar to previous years, that's because it is. I don't know about you all, but I can't wait to see what new and deserving teams are added to the ranks the the generations of fantastic teams before them!

For those of you unfamiliar, I (with the help of the community) put together a spreadsheet of all the Chairman's Award winners and some relevant information. I started doing this as a way of "scouting" for Championship Chairman's, but I think it's at least in part become a way of centralizing and highlighting information on all the great teams that win. This year's spreadsheet is almost identical, still based on Kinney Anderson's original spreadsheet from 2014. As always, I've made some small formatting changes and added all the new districts (we're up to 10 distinct districts!). You can find this year's spreadsheet through that big link at the bottom of this post, and can find previous years' threads after that.

Of note this year:

User's Guide: The spreadsheet should start on the "Regional/DCMP Winners" tab-- you can look at the results from other events by clicking over to the tab with the district code for the one you're interested in. Those are:
Code:
CHS - Chesapeake
IN - Indiana
ISR - Israel
FIM - Michigan
MAR - Mid-Atlantic
NE - New England
NC - North Carolina
ONT - Ontario
PNW - Pacific Northwest
PCH - Peachtree
We use the 2-3 letter codes so that you don't have to do a ridiculous amount of scrolling. Typically I run my scripts to get the winners for each event Sunday and Monday nights (to catch the late updaters), but feel free to comment in who won at an event if you were there and know who won. Same thing with any information-- we don't know everything, so if you know where to find a video or other information, please share!

Last year I had some fantastic students and mentors help me keep the spreadsheet up to date, in addition to dozens of comments correcting errors and adding information. In particular I'd like to thank Jacob Bendickson, Brendan Marshall, Casey LeeVan, T. Davidson, Eric Oropeza and Karthik Kanagasabapathy for adding information. This year, I am looking for other people to add information. It would be great to have someone from each District area to add information to those events. PM me if you would like to do this for your area.

One of the things I'd really love to do is collect the number of teams submitting at each event. This requires someone at the event who can see the schedule for presentations, so in order to collect that information, I need someone from every event to find that information. If you are able to find that information for your event, please post here or PM me. Unfortunately, I'll only be attending the Minnesota North Star and 10000 Lakes regionals so I don't need anyone to cover those, but for any other events, we need someone!

Chairman's Previews will also be returning this year! I'll be joined by Liam Fay from 2485, and unfortunately Jacob won't be joining us again regularly. Something is apparently keeping him too busy for robots at Yale If you have any tips or want to contribute, send a PM my way and we can talk! As ever, we aren't omniscient, so we'll be basing our previews off of previous years' performance and our knowledge of each of the teams competing. We'll probably miss some stuff, but our goal isn't to predict who is going to win-- it's to highlight the great teams and the fantastic work they do at each event. Hopefully this saves people some time and serves as a jumping off point for your own research! If you feel like we missed someone, or we're missing your team, feel free to highlight them in a reply-- we're human and can't possibly know everything!

Lastly, best of luck to all teams competing for Chairman's at their events! Submitting for the Chairman's Award is in my opinion a core part of the experience of FRC, and I hope you're learned about yourself and your team by doing it.

Never assume the motives of others are, to them, less noble than yours are to you. - John Perry Barlow
tumblr | twitter
'Snow Problem CAD Files: 2015 2016
MN FTC Field Manager, FTA, CSA, Emcee
FLL Maybe NXT Year (09-10) -> FRC 2220 (11-14) -> FTC 9205(14-?)/FRC 2667 (15-16)
VEXU UMN (2015-??)
Volunteer since 2011
2013 RCA Winner (North Star Regional) (2220)
2016 Connect Award Winner (North Super Regional and World Championship) (9205)
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2017, 10:33 AM
FRC #5090

jaunvie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2017 Chairman's Award Winners

Thank you so much for putting this together. Because not every team has to present Chairman's. It can be difficult to figure out who the strongest competitors are. It's nice to be able to look on the list as to who presented last year to figure out who might be presenting this year.
For Chairman's to be first's most prestigious award, a lot of the details seem to be hush-hush. It's nice to see teams and individuals stepping up to provide the information needed to make teams competitive for this award. Everything from who submits, to what they submit, will make teams realize what they can become and how their team can effect the world around them.
So, again, thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone does things year. (And everyone keep trying to make lists of who presented at the competitions you go to. We should recognize those that put the hard work into competing for chairman's, not just the people who won. )
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2017, 09:13 PM

cadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond repute

The spreadsheet is update for Week 1!

I want to thank the following people for their contributions this week: Skye Lark, Natasha Stamler, Evan Hochstein, Andrew Pospeshil, and Felipe Pickenpack. Your contributions are what makes this possible, so thank you!

We're still looking for the # of submissions at week 2 events (and the week 1, if you have that information).

We do not have the # of teams for the following events:
  • South Florida
  • Lake Superior
  • Northern Lights
  • Toluca
  • Palmetto
  • Hub City
  • Arkansas Rock City
  • Arizona North
  • San Diego
  • Orlando
  • Shenzhen
  • St. Louis
  • Miami Valley
  • Dallas
  • Utah
  • Central Valley
  • Southern Cross
  • Southwest Virginia
  • Northern Virginia
  • Greater DC
  • Tippecanoe
  • Israel Event #1 (Haifa)
  • Israel Event #2 (Haifa)
  • Israel Event #3 (Tel-Aviv-Yafo)
  • Kettering #1
  • Lakeview
  • Ann Arbor Pioneer
  • Center Line
  • Kettering #2
  • St. Joseph (MI)
  • Hatboro-Horsham
  • Mount Olive
  • Westtown
  • Waterbury
  • Granite State
  • WPI
  • SE Mass
  • Pitt County
  • Greensboro
  • Ryerson University
  • West Valley
  • Auburn Mountainview
  • Wilsonville
  • Gainesville
  • Dalton

Wow that's a lot! Let me know if you have the number of teams that presented at any of those events, and good luck to everyone competing this weekend!

Never assume the motives of others are, to them, less noble than yours are to you. - John Perry Barlow
tumblr | twitter
FLL Maybe NXT Year (09-10) -> FRC 2220 (11-14) -> FTC 9205(14-?)/FRC 2667 (15-16)
VEXU UMN (2015-??)
Volunteer since 2011
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2017, 06:17 AM
Always Scouting
AKA: James Comstock
FRC #0179 (The Children of The Swamp)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2006
MARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MARS_James

South Florida: 47 Teams Total, 33 Teams Eligible (Not district or Rookies), 18 Submitted.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Team 2468 Coach/Adviser
AKA: Norman Morgan
FRC #2468 (Team Appreciate)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2008
Coach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadandcookies View Post
The spreadsheet is update for Week 1!

I want to thank the following people for their contributions this week: Skye Lark, Natasha Stamler, Evan Hochstein, Andrew Pospeshil, and Felipe Pickenpack. Your contributions are what makes this possible, so thank you!

We're still looking for the # of submissions at week 2 events (and the week 1, if you have that information).

We do not have the # of teams for the following events:
  • Hub City
  • Dallas
Hub City was 21 submissions.
I will report on Dallas after this weekend.

Thanks for putting this together.

Win The Day!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2017, 04:14 PM
FRC #3974 (E=mCD)

Rookie Year: 2011
MisterJ is a splendid one to beholdMisterJ is a splendid one to beholdMisterJ is a splendid one to beholdMisterJ is a splendid one to beholdMisterJ is a splendid one to beholdMisterJ is a splendid one to beholdMisterJ is a splendid one to behold

I believe the number was 11 at Hatboro.

4-time MAR District Event Finalists
2015 FIRST Championship Curie Division Quarterfinalist
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2017, 12:35 PM
Team 2468 Coach/Adviser
AKA: Norman Morgan
FRC #2468 (Team Appreciate)

Rookie Year: 2008
Coach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond reputeCoach Norm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Norm View Post
I will report on Dallas after this weekend.
Someone beat me to it. Glad you got it.

Win The Day!

Last edited by Coach Norm : 03-14-2017 at 12:56 PM.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2017, 12:46 PM
Reader of Things
AKA: Victoria
FRC #1939 (Kuhnigits)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
vhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond reputevhcook has a reputation beyond repute

St. Louis was 23.

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-16-2017, 01:13 AM

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped fill out this spreadsheet-- it's getting a bit late so I haven't put together a list of names, but believe me, I appreciate very much how the FRC community has helped with this project.

We're still looking for a large number of Week 3 events, as well as data from week 2 and 1, so please, post here, comment on the sheet, or PM me if you know how many presented (or have a picture of the sheet).

tumblr | twitter
VEXU UMN (2015-??)
Volunteer since 2011
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Drive Coach, IT Support, Mentor
FRC #0066

Rookie Year: 2001
thmeans06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Updated FIM St. Joseph District. Thanks for keeping this list going. We do find it very helpful as well!
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Team Liaison
AKA: Rose Antilla
FRC #2604 (Metal and Soul)
Team Role: Communications

Rookie Year: 2010
SoulianPride is a glorious beacon of lightSoulianPride is a glorious beacon of lightSoulianPride is a glorious beacon of lightSoulianPride is a glorious beacon of lightSoulianPride is a glorious beacon of lightSoulianPride is a glorious beacon of light

I can send the info for Kettering #2 and Marysville districts (Weeks 2 and 6 for FiM)

2010 - BREAKAWAY - Safety, Electrical Team, Business Team, Webmaster
2011 - LOGO-MOTION - Safety, Electrical Team, Business Team, Webmaster
2012 - REBOUND RUMBLE - Safety, Electrical Team, Business Team, Mechanical Team, Webmaster
2013 - ULTIMATE ASCENT - Electrical Team, Business Team, Mechanical Team, Webmaster
2014 - AERIAL ASSIST - Chairman's Presenter, Electrical Team, Business Team, Mechanical Team, Webmaster
2015 - RECYCLE RUSH - Chairman's Presenter, Driver, Electrical Team, Business Team, Mechanical team, Webmaster, Dean's List Semifinalist
2016 - STRONGHOLD - Chairman's Presenter, Business Team, Mechanical Team, Electrical Team, Programming Team, Webmaster, Dean's List Nominee

2017 - STEAMWORKS - Awards Lead, Chairman's Presenter, Business Team, Mechanical Team, CAD Team, Electrical Team, Webmaster
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2017, 09:46 PM
FRC #5090

jaunvie is an unknown quantity at this point

FIM Waterford

1718 (win)
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2017, 12:56 PM
President, GOFIRST
AKA: Pratheeksha Mallikarjun
FRC #2169 (Ri3D 'Snow Problem; KING TeC)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
pmallikarjun is a splendid one to beholdpmallikarjun is a splendid one to beholdpmallikarjun is a splendid one to beholdpmallikarjun is a splendid one to beholdpmallikarjun is a splendid one to beholdpmallikarjun is a splendid one to beholdpmallikarjun is a splendid one to behold

26 teams presented at Central Illinois (28 teams submitted but 2 declined presenting). There were 40 teams total at the event.
Volunteer since 2009

Mentor
FRC 159: 2012 - 2016
FRC 2169: 2017 - ???
FRC 2052: 2015 - 2016

Student
FRC 159: 2010-2012
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2017, 10:59 AM
no team

robotics_2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone from SEMass get a look at the Iron Tigers 4176 chairman's video? If so what did you think? I saw their video last year and just wanted to see what they brought to the table this year

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: