OCCRA
Go to Post This is one case where I really wish Andymark didn't listen to their customers so well. - ASD20 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > National Instruments LabVIEW and Data Acquisition > LabView and Data Acquisition
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Get a life? This IS my life!
AKA: Phil Malone
FRC #1629 (GaCo: The Garrett Coalition)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
PhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Example LabVIEW Apps - Dashboard, CMUcam2 and Motors

I'm running the latest CMUCam2 application (downloaded yesterday) and I'm getting strange behavior.

The app sees the target and can track it... sort-of.
It correctly tracks left-right, but it seems to be getting the up/down reversed ... It actively avoids the target in the vertical direction.

It seems to me that if I rotated the camera then the up/down would be OK and the left-right would be reversed.

The Camera image appears upside down (rotated 180) in the preview and tracking windows. I've check the assembly instruction and everything checks out OK.

Any ideas why I have the vertical reversal?

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hershberger
We have a new version of both the Motor Sim Application and the CMUCam2 Application.

Good luck!
-Joe
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2006, 03:01 AM
National Instruments
AKA: jhersh
FRC #2468 (Appreciate)

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBot
I'm running the latest CMUCam2 application (downloaded yesterday) and I'm getting strange behavior.

The app sees the target and can track it... sort-of.
It correctly tracks left-right, but it seems to be getting the up/down reversed ... It actively avoids the target in the vertical direction.

It seems to me that if I rotated the camera then the up/down would be OK and the left-right would be reversed.

The Camera image appears upside down (rotated 180) in the preview and tracking windows. I've check the assembly instruction and everything checks out OK.

Any ideas why I have the vertical reversal?

Phil
Phil,

The power switch should be at the top. If it's not, then the camera is upside down. As for the reversed tracking, there are two jumpers on the camera for reversing the horizontal and vertical tracking directions. Try putting a junper on the vertical one.

Good luck!
-Joe
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Get a life? This IS my life!
AKA: Phil Malone
FRC #1629 (GaCo: The Garrett Coalition)

Rookie Year: 2006
PhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Joe.

I see the problem... The assembly diagrams all show the board with the switch at the bottom, but the connection diagram shows it up the other way.

I hadn't noticed those reversing jumpers. Thanks for the excellent tip.

Phil.

Quote:
Phil,

The power switch should be at the top. If it's not, then the camera is upside down. Try putting a junper on the vertical one.

Good luck!
-Joe
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2006, 03:42 AM
National Instruments
FRC #2468 (Appreciate)

Joe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to allJoe Hershberger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBot
Thanks Joe.

I see the problem... The assembly diagrams all show the board with the switch at the bottom, but the connection diagram shows it up the other way.

I hadn't noticed those reversing jumpers. Thanks for the excellent tip.

Phil.
Phil,

I have a feeling the camera was put in the documentation upside down on purpose to keep you on your toes. Take everything you find with a grain of salt.

Cheers!
-Joe
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2006, 05:36 PM
#0647 (The Cyber Wolf Corps)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Bruce C. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Phil,

I have a feeling the camera was put in the documentation upside down on purpose to keep you on your toes. Take everything you find with a grain of salt.

Cheers!
-Joe
Shheeesssshhh! And I thought it was upsiddown to put the lens of the camera on the tilt axis of the pan/tilt mechanism. Shows what I get for making assumptions. I was ready to accept the upside down image as a conditiion of boresight.

(.....mumbling to myself as I turn the camera around in the mount.)
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2006, 08:42 PM
National Instruments
FRC #2468 (Appreciate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C.
Shheeesssshhh! And I thought it was upsiddown to put the lens of the camera on the tilt axis of the pan/tilt mechanism. Shows what I get for making assumptions. I was ready to accept the upside down image as a conditiion of boresight.

(.....mumbling to myself as I turn the camera around in the mount.)
Hmmm... wouldn't that just be 90 degrees off? Happens to the best of us...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: