OCCRA
Go to Post Sure, whining is easier than working, but what's more rewarding? - PayneTrain [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#76   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-04-2018, 02:52 PM
AKA: Matt Soucy
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop 166)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
demosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud of
Re: WPILib is adapting GradleRIO - Jaci has become too powerful and we must stop her

GradleRIO + Visual Studio Code allows one to build on Linux. Source: I tested it with Fedora 28, building and deploying a Java project. (AFAIK you can't install the C++ toolchain on Fedora at this time, but Java works fine)

Now if only we could get a Linux version of the driver station...

GSR Dean's List Finalist 2011
  #77   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-04-2018, 02:53 PM
we'll fix it in the pit
FRC #2706 (Merge Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2015
GreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WPILib is adapting GradleRIO - Jaci has become too powerful and we must stop her

Well, there's the QDriverStation...

"If I'm going to mentor someone, I'm going to be involved in their life as a positive force." -Mechvet
  #78   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-04-2018, 09:56 PM
AKA: Matt Soucy
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop 166)

Rookie Year: 2007
demosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud ofdemosthenes2k8 has much to be proud of

From what I've seen, QDriverStation doesn't support the 2018 protocol... and isn't allowed for actual competitions.

GSR Dean's List Finalist 2011
  #79   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Making the 1's and 0's
FRC #1736 (Robot Casserole)

gerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond repute

Also tested on lubuntu (some person close to latest). Looks good from the alpha at least!
  #80   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-13-2018, 01:42 PM
AKA: Jonathan Ohayon
FRC #3316 (D-Bug)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2017
jonathano is an unknown quantity at this point

GradleRIO going official is such great news! We can finally use other IDEs easily (did someone say IntelliJ? &#129323 and more importantly, start using other OSes for development!

All that's left now is driver station for macOS and Linux
  #81   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-16-2018, 03:07 PM
we'll fix it in the pit
FRC #2706 (Merge Robotics)

GreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathano View Post
GradleRIO going official is such great news! We can finally use other IDEs easily (did someone say IntelliJ? &#129323 and more importantly, start using other OSes for development!

All that's left now is driver station for macOS and Linux
Couldn't we always have used other OSes for development? (Minus the driver station of course)

I was running Eclipse, Java, and the wpilib libraries on my MacBook Pro and I'm pretty sure I was able to deploy code just fine, I just wasn't able to drive from it.

But yes, everyone I talk to seems excited about the switch.

"If I'm going to mentor someone, I'm going to be involved in their life as a positive force." -Mechvet
  #82   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-16-2018, 03:21 PM
Zebravision Labs
AKA: Kevin
FRC #0900

KJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond reputeKJaget has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyingJay View Post
Couldn't we always have used other OSes for development? (Minus the driver station of course)

I was running Eclipse, Java, and the wpilib libraries on my MacBook Pro and I'm pretty sure I was able to deploy code just fine, I just wasn't able to drive from it.
+1, except for Linux command line + VIM ... and was temped to try a Win10 VM for running a DS within Linux but never got around to it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: