OCCRA
Go to Post If they don't treat Dave nicely, he may just keep his big red ball, and not share with rest of us. - Barry Bonzack [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat > Games/Trivia > Fantasy FIRST
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#436   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Strategist
AKA: The user formerly known as 'hill'
FRC #1746 (OTTO)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Kellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond reputeKellen Hill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [FF]: 2010 Season Long Fantasy FIRST

It would be odd to have anyone else have a first pick for any of the divisions I suppose, because Bethany was the only one to earn it. I agree with her getting first pick for each division. I am just scared of some of the picks the top players will get.
1746 OTTO Lead Mentor: 2013-Present
  #437   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Fantasy FIRST Champion 2010
AKA: girl w/ the green fringe intertube/trackball dress
FRC #2996 (Cougars Gone Wired)

Rookie Year: 2004
Bethany Mc. is a glorious beacon of lightBethany Mc. is a glorious beacon of lightBethany Mc. is a glorious beacon of lightBethany Mc. is a glorious beacon of lightBethany Mc. is a glorious beacon of lightBethany Mc. is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Bethany Mc. Send a message via MSN to Bethany Mc. Send a message via Yahoo to Bethany Mc.

Thank you thank you! I now feel justified in all those hours and late nights in front of the computer figuring out my pick list was going to be, and all the times I blew my family off for drafts.

Barry I do believe you asked me to join, so that we both did not have lives together. It was a way for us to have fun together. Score!

As for the draft picks I am down with one being in reverse ordr, and I can tell you which one I wouldnt mind switching. I know I earned it, but I would like to share my earnings with you all. I do not mind it one bit!

As this being my first season, I really enjoyed it! Thank you to everyone who has put in countless hours to make this event possible. I am sad to say I will not be in Atlanta, I recieved an award called the New Century Scholar, and I will be recieving the scholarship during Championships. Might I add, it is almost on the complete opposite side of the nation in Seattle, Washington.

I can not wait for next year!

~*~BaM BaM~*~

19th Annual Del Tech Drafting Winner 2008 in Inventor!
Robo Prom Queen 2008- thanks 399
Attending 2011:
Florida
St. Louis
  #438   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Divisions are up!
Time to do a draft tomorrow night.
Archimedes looks like a good choice!
  #439   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Taking a Year Off
AKA: Ryan Miller
no team

RMiller is just really niceRMiller is just really niceRMiller is just really niceRMiller is just really niceRMiller is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed View Post
Divisions are up!
Time to do a draft tomorrow night.
Archimedes looks like a good choice!
From Bill's Blog

Quote:
THESE ASSIGNMENTS ARE NOT FINAL. Teams are still dropping out and signing up which continues to cause last minute changes. When the website goes live, you will be able to see the unofficial list here.
For those going to championships (I am not) when do you leave?

From past years, how fluid are the assignments? I guess that is an advantage for not doing all four divisions and rather one entire group.

I really don't want to pick 469 (well, really Bethany or Barry, but I can dream, right?) and then find out they got swapped divisions when someone else picks them up.
  #440   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to CMP.

I would guess that the absolute latest a draft could be held would be Tuesday night, though--most teams/volunteers travel Wednesday. A few travel Tuesday.

If we run as late as possible, we'd be running two drafts on Sunday, one on Monday, and one on Tuesday. Still doesn't buy us much time.

Let's just go for it, with players checking their own teams on Tuesday night or Wednesday. If a team switches divisions, they'll have time to trade. All trades final Thursday AM when pits open (8:00 AM). (I'd say Thursday at noon, but that gives those that are there a slight advantage.)

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#441   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
From Bill's Blog

For those going to championships (I am not) when do you leave?

From past years, how fluid are the assignments? I guess that is an advantage for not doing all four divisions and rather one entire group.

I really don't want to pick 469 (well, really Bethany or Barry, but I can dream, right?) and then find out they got swapped divisions when someone else picks them up.
They're on the official site.
That's good enough for me.
  #442   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
I'm not going to CMP.

I would guess that the absolute latest a draft could be held would be Tuesday night, though--most teams/volunteers travel Wednesday. A few travel Tuesday.

If we run as late as possible, we'd be running two drafts on Sunday, one on Monday, and one on Tuesday. Still doesn't buy us much time.

Let's just go for it, with players checking their own teams on Tuesday night or Wednesday. If a team switches divisions, they'll have time to trade. All trades final Thursday AM when pits open (8:00 AM). (I'd say Thursday at noon, but that gives those that are there a slight advantage.)
I'm ;eaving Saturday morning and stopping for the night outside of Cincy then continuing to Atlanta Sunday morning.
I would like the drafts tackled during the weekend to give people time to trade or adjust their rosters as needed.
  #443   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Team 2175 Founder
AKA: Kevin O'Connor
FRC #0238

Rookie Year: 2007
Vikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Vikesrock Send a message via MSN to Vikesrock Send a message via Yahoo to Vikesrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
How about if a team switches divisions, the player that owned them in the previous tier has 1st shot at them?

Maybe after one person posts a "claim" of the team, give the owner in the other division 24 hours or until teams lock, whichever comes first to "contest the claim". If the claim is contested the player that owned them in their original division gets the team?
  #444   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:27 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikesrock View Post
How about if a team switches divisions, the player that owned them in the previous tier has 1st shot at them?

Maybe after one person posts a "claim" of the team, give the owner in the other division 24 hours or until teams lock, whichever comes first to "contest the claim". If the claim is contested the player that owned them in their original division gets the team?
I was thinking the same thing--owner gets shot #1 in the new tier, but if they decline to take it, the team is up for grabs.

Also, the CMP scoring is as follows:

Co-op bonus, 2 points
Loss, 0 points
Tie, 1 point

1st seed, 20 points
2nd-3rd seed, 12 points
4th-8th seed, 6 points
9th-12th seed, 3 points
13th-16th seed, 2 points

5......Quarter finalists - Division
10....Semifinalists - Division
15....Finalists - Division
25....Divisional Winners

40.....Finalists - Einstein Field
50.....Winners - Einstein Field

80.....Chairmans - Nationals
45.....Engineering Inspiration Award - Nationals
25.....Rookie All-Star
20.....Rookie Inspiration
15......Woodie Flowers/Judges
Dean's List: Unknown (at 10 winners, let's not do the WFFA / # recipients routine here.) Suggestion: 8 points

10.......Highest score / Highest Rookie Seed
25 points for a robot based award
10.......for every non-placement award, except previously mentioned
Coopertition Award: Unknown Suggestion: 15 points

Last edited by EricH : 04-08-2010 at 05:30 PM.
  #445   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
I was thinking the same thing--owner gets shot #1 in the new tier, but if they decline to take it, the team is up for grabs.

Also, the CMP scoring is as follows:

Co-op bonus, 2 points
Loss, 0 points
Tie, 1 point

1st seed, 20 points
2nd-3rd seed, 12 points
4th-8th seed, 6 points
9th-12th seed, 3 points
13th-16th seed, 2 points

5......Quarter finalists - Division
10....Semifinalists - Division
15....Finalists - Division
25....Divisional Winners

40.....Finalists - Einstein Field
50.....Winners - Einstein Field

80.....Chairmans - Nationals
45.....Engineering Inspiration Award - Nationals
25.....Rookie All-Star
20.....Rookie Inspiration
15......Woodie Flowers/Judges
Dean's List: Unknown (at 10 winners, let's not do the WFFA / # recipients routine here.) Suggestion: 8 points

10.......Highest score / Highest Rookie Seed
25 points for a robot based award
10.......for every non-placement award, except previously mentioned
Coopertition Award: Unknown Suggestion: 15 points
Sounds good.
Can someone do me a favor and rank the Archimedes teams according to their FF scores this season?
  #446   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:55 PM
three on the scale
AKA: Pinecone
no team (formerly FRC 3929, 228, 2791)

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute

Can we pretend the Coopertition Award doesn't exist? It's pretty redundant / stupid / not very different than #1 seed.
Consultant: 2170 (2017)
College Mentor: 2791 (2010-15) Build Photos - 2013 WPI Finalists, 2012 BAE Finalists
Student: 1714 (2009) - 2009 MN 10K Lakes Winners
  #447   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:57 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed View Post
Sounds good.
Can someone do me a favor and rank the Archimedes teams according to their FF scores this season?
Average, total, or high?

#448   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris is me View Post
Can we pretend the Coopertition Award doesn't exist? It's pretty redundant / stupid / not very different than #1 seed.
It's an award given out.
We'll keep it.
There's four number one seeds to choose from in Atlanta so someone will be the true number one seed.
  #449   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Head Coach | Lead Mentor
FRC #5686 (Wirecats)

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember, but were there any changes made to what awards will and won't be given out per division?

['18-'xx]: Lead Mentor FRC 5686
['17-'17]: Mentor FRC 2170
['16-'16]: Floating Mentor FRC 228
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT
['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP (OG)
  #450   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Rastogi View Post
I can't remember, but were there any changes made to what awards will and won't be given out per division?
Pretty sure Co-opertition is divisional. That's it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: