Go to Post Also, there are times when the folks who run this ice cream store don't have the flavors I like. Can you believe that?!!! Although this really frustrates me, I get over this treachery and I still order something. After all, it is ice cream. I like ice cream. - Andy Baker [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Reversible bumpers are my trigger
AKA: Marcus Quintilian
FRC #5406 (Celt-X)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2012
mman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond reputemman1506 has a reputation beyond repute
Worlds best Everybot!

Now that we've seen every Everybot I think it's about time we crown the king of the Everybot! Let's find out who really made the most out of the Everybot concept.

I'll nominate my favorite Everybot in Ontario, 6070: The Gryphon Machine"

These guys played killer defense and made some important mods to improve their intake. They were were crucial to one of the biggest qualification upsets of the year by using their driving skills to beat out the powerful 5406, 1241 and 1246 alliance with 865 and 1310 in quals 71 on ONDCMP.

Also a shout out to 7200 for being what in my opinion was the best rookie Everybot in Ontario!

I'd also give a shout out to Karthik's favorite bot 4704 "Shov-ket". I'm not really sure if their design was Everybot inspired so I've put them out of consideration but like the Everybot they found a way to intake, portal, switch and exchange with a simple shovel mechanism.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Worlds best Everybot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman1506 View Post
I'd also give a shout out to Karthik's favorite bot 4704 "Shov-ket". I'm not really sure if their design was Everybot inspired so I've put them out of consideration but like the Everybot they found a way to intake, portal, switch and exchange with a simple shovel mechanism.
It was a shovel-bucket hybrid. Shovel + Bucket = Shovket! So simple.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2018, 10:18 PM
365 --> 4039
AKA: Mattward
FRC #4039 (Makeshift)

Rookie Year: 2009
CVR has much to be proud ofCVR has much to be proud ofCVR has much to be proud ofCVR has much to be proud ofCVR has much to be proud ofCVR has much to be proud ofCVR has much to be proud ofCVR has much to be proud of

The shov-ket's numbers from our scouting data at DCMPs were crazy. I don't recall their exact values, but for such a simplistic looking robot they could absolutely destroy a switch/exchange. Definitely one of my most impressive robots of the year, and I was honestly surprised no one picked them up for elims.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2018, 11:05 PM
we'll fix it in the pit
FRC #2706 (Merge Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2015
GreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond reputeGreyingJay has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes, the Bobcat!

"If I'm going to mentor someone, I'm going to be involved in their life as a positive force." -Mechvet
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2018, 08:46 AM
Andrew Lynch
FRC #2587 (DiscoBots)

Rookie Year: 2001
lynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond repute

In Texas, 3355 embraced and styled the everybot concept in "all black".

They were the #6 alliance captain in a stacked Dallas Regional.
https://www.thebluealliance.com/team/3355/2018

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: