OCCRA
Go to Post I'm a drive team coach, they don't eat lunch during competition. - Rick [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 09:18 AM
FRC #3323 (Potential Energy)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2016
Connor289 is an unknown quantity at this point
Festival of Champions?

After seeing the videos from last years festival of champions I'm really looking forward to watching it this year, but I'm having a hard time finding any information on it. Does anyone know when its going to be or even if they are doing it again? Thank you for taking the time to read this.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Mentor, LRI, MN RPC
FRC #2177 (The Robettes)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
Jon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond reputeJon Stratis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Festival of Champions?

See this FRC blog: https://www.firstinspires.org/roboti...hip-and-beyond

Quote:
Festival of Champions Update

Written by Don Bossi.

Dear FIRST® Community,

What makes a champion? In FIRST®, it means truly embracing our mission and our core values of Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition®. It means pursuing the spirit of innovation. It means having a passion for using technology and engineering to make the world a better place.

As many of you know, in 2017 we expanded FIRST Championship to two locations. Our primary intent was to make the life-changing excitement and inspiration of the FIRST Championship more accessible and affordable to more kids and teams. I’m proud to say we’re moving in that direction: 1,400 teams attended the 2017 FIRST Championship, 500 more than in 2016. Of course, that’s out of more than 50,000 FIRST teams worldwide, so we’re doing this while still providing a very selective level of competition.

When we announced the dual FIRST Championship structure, we did not plan to host a culminating event for winning teams from both events. However, based on feedback from the FIRST community, we decided to pilot the FIRST Festival of Champions here in New Hampshire this past summer. The event included the winning FIRST® Tech Challenge and FIRST® Robotics Competition Alliances and Chairman’s and Inspire Award-winning teams from the FIRST Championship 2017 events in Houston and St. Louis.

We learned a lot at our pilot Festival event. One item of note was that teams already felt like world-class champions at the conclusion of the FIRST Championship events, just as they had in past years. Another was that the additional resources required to travel and compete at another official FIRST event created a hardship for many teams. For those and other reasons, we have decided to discontinue the FIRST Festival of Champions event.

After Championship last year, we designated members of the winning Alliances and Chairman’s and Inspire Award winners at both FIRST Championship events as members of the FIRST Class of Champions. This special distinction will continue to be given in recognition for reaching the highest level of achievement in our community. To all current and future members of the FIRST Class of Champions: You should be incredibly proud to achieve this honor and to share it with other world-class members of the FIRST Community.

To all teams competing this season: Good luck! I look forward to meeting some of you at the 2018 FIRST Championship in Houston and Detroit this April and celebrating all the champions.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Bossi

President, FIRST
2016: Lake Superior WFFA
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 09:20 AM
love/hate relationship with swerve
AKA: Parthiv Krishna
FRC #3082 (Chicken Bot Pie) and FTC #13471 Mentor (Minnetonka)
Team Role: Leadership

pkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond repute

FoC is not happening this year.

My posts constitute my opinions, and mine alone, and are not representative of the views held by my team.
2010-2011: FLL 11083, 13873 (Minnetonka Silver) - Programmer
2016-: FRC 3082 (Chicken Bot Pie) - Engineering Captain, fmr. Programming Lead, 2017&2018 Dean's List Finalist
2017-: FTC 13471 (Minnetonka) - Founding Mentor
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 01:49 PM
AKA: Eric
FRC #0612 (Chantilly Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
seg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed,
No one will ever know if the 254-148-2976-3075 alliance can beat out the 2767-27-2708-4027 alliance

Team 204 Student 2001, 2002 (Voorhees, NJ)
Team 1493 College Mentor 2006 - 2008 (Troy, NY)
Team 2150 Intern/Professional Mentor 2007, 2009 (Palos Verdes)
Team 4123 Lead Engineering Mentor 2012 (Bellflower, CA)
Team 4276 Engineering Mentor 2012-Present (Huntington Beach, CA)
Team 612 Engineering Mentor (Chantilly, VA) Present
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 02:20 PM
FRC #4587
Team Role: Programmer

DrewP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by seg9585 View Post
Indeed,
No one will ever know if the 254-148-2976-3075 alliance can beat out the 2767-27-2708-4027 alliance

funny joke
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 02:24 PM
easily impressed by fancy acronyms
AKA: Christopher Tinker
FRC #7093 (Veritas Valiants)

Rookie Year: 2018
deslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud of

Quote:
Indeed,
I will derail this thread by saying I throw my support behind the Houston alliance in a FoC. Let us now devolve into an internet war over a non-issue. \

As for why, I think that 254's four scale auton or 3.5 crossover will give them a solid lead in the beginning of the match. Having watched video of the finals at both champs, I think the Houston alliance would stack cubes on the scale more efficiently, quickly giving them control out of auton and for the rest of the match. I think 148 would then be able to split off and hammer the opponent's switch as they did from Hopper elims to Finals. Even if the Detroit alliance put pressure on the scale, they would have to worry about the fast black blur burying their switch.

That said, these are both two great alliances who have played at the highest level and deserve to be there. Respect to both.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 03:00 PM
FRC #2767 (Stryke Force)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
Mark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslusionary View Post
I will derail this thread by saying I throw my support behind the Houston alliance in a FoC. Let us now devolve into an internet war over a non-issue. \
Might be a short war. I think the number of people who oppose your view are few.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team

Rookie Year: 2009
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute

I've got Hopper as 3 to 1 favorites in any given match, or at 9 to 1 odds to win a best of five series. 254's perfect season might be jeopardized though since I have them at below even odds of sweeping.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 03:26 PM
AKA: Eric
FRC #0612 (Chantilly Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
seg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond reputeseg9585 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will derail this thread by saying I throw my support behind the Houston alliance in a FoC. Let us now devolve into an internet war over a non-issue.
Would be interesting to hear an argument in favor of the Detroit champions, and what strategy they could take on that would result in a best-of-3 win in their favor. For anyone willing to take on this argument, you must assume that all robots on the alliance remain 100% technically operational throughout the match timeline (no comm dropouts/disabled bots/broken bots).
Driver error and lapses in strategic gameplay are acceptable, but nothing on the order of "Team X breaks Team Y, or Team Z loses comm and never gets it back. We're talking legit 3v3 matches here.

Team 204 Student 2001, 2002 (Voorhees, NJ)
Team 1493 College Mentor 2006 - 2008 (Troy, NY)
Team 2150 Intern/Professional Mentor 2007, 2009 (Palos Verdes)
Team 4123 Lead Engineering Mentor 2012 (Bellflower, CA)
Team 4276 Engineering Mentor 2012-Present (Huntington Beach, CA)
Team 612 Engineering Mentor (Chantilly, VA) Present
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 03:34 PM
FRC #4587

DrewP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Would be interesting to hear an argument in favor of the Detroit champions, and what strategy they could take on that would result in a best-of-3 win in their favor. For anyone willing to take on this argument, you must assume that all robots on the alliance remain 100% technically operational throughout the match timeline (no comm dropouts/disabled bots/broken bots).
Driver error and lapses in strategic gameplay are acceptable, but nothing on the order of "Team X breaks Team Y, or Team Z loses comm and never gets it back. We're talking legit 3v3 matches here.
turkish delight is proven to win scale vs 148 and 254
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 03:48 PM
easily impressed by fancy acronyms
AKA: Christopher Tinker
FRC #7093 (Veritas Valiants)

Rookie Year: 2018
deslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud ofdeslusionary has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
turkish delight is proven to win scale vs 148 and 254

LOL

https://www.thebluealliance.com/match/2018hop_qm113
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2018, 04:41 PM
Drive Lyfe
AKA: Ian Junatas
FRC #4639 (The RoboSpartans)
Team Role: Driver

saintblaze4639 is just really nicesaintblaze4639 is just really nicesaintblaze4639 is just really nicesaintblaze4639 is just really nice

no contest- the Detroit alliance all have 27's, and are therefore superior
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-15-2018, 11:37 AM
Physics Teacher
AKA: Tom Zook
FRC #4276 (Surf City Vikings)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2011
SenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond reputeSenorZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Defense wins matches...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: