OCCRA
Go to Post I'm gonna go back to my corner and write some more code... - Kevin Watson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2018, 12:28 PM
Cynicism isn't wisdom
FRC #2363
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1999
Nate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond reputeNate Laverdure has a reputation beyond repute
Your dream Championship Conference session

I got a chance to spend a lot of time attending FIRST Championship Conference sessions this spring in Detroit, and I got a decent amount of value out of that experience. I learned more about growing student leadership, about building co-ops to house the whole progression of FIRST programs under one roof, and about some really inspiring efforts to help people with disabilities. Most sessions I visited were well-attended and the presenters did a really wonderful job delivering their content.

How could the experience be even better?

Today's MentorBuilt article gives us a list of ideas for new conference sessions at the Championship.

Quote:
#5 How I learned to stop worrying and love the BOM

The presenters describe how they made the activity of developing their annual Cost Accounting Worksheet (CAW) into a value-adding effort-- no longer an annoyance that distracted from the life-changing work of the team. Attendees will learn how the team's business & logistics group engaged other student organizations at the school, including DECA and the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), in a coordinated effort to gain a holistic understanding of the costs of developing a world-class robot.
How about you: what's the dream conference session would you like to see?

Here's mine at the moment:

STEM Activities You've Been Missing Out On

What's the state of the art in the world of high school rocketry? Who are the autonomous boat builders to beat right now? What's the Power Racing Series all about? Which organizations are funding underwater robotics competitions?

This survey session will serve as a high-level introduction to all the other competitive youth STEM activities that you may have missed due to an exclusive focus on FIRST. Presenters will discuss a model for teams to more effectively engage kids in STEM by participating in a diverse set of these activities... while not spreading limited resources too thin. Prepare for extreme FOMO!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Waiting for my Tableau Sponsorship
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
no team (Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your dream Championship Conference session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Laverdure View Post
How could the experience be even better?
Actually put some resources into properly archiving them for those who cant go to champs. I dont want Karthik clipping every time he gets excited about simbucks and blowing my eardrums when listening on headphones.

Join the FRC Discord!
FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017

Volunteer
A/V: West Valley, PNW DCMP 2018
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-08-2018, 01:46 AM
"Who's Marshall?"
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your dream Championship Conference session

50 years of FRC - Imagine the possibilities.

Yes, it was submitted for southern champs. It was not accepted. Andrew and I will likely be following this up this year with a revised version as we were both wrong about the bag. A lot can change in a year.
Clarke's Laws

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: