OCCRA
Go to Post The best moments of our lives fall in two categories: those that did happen and those that did not. - Jnadke [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-08-2018, 11:32 AM
I live for the details.
FRC #3620 (Average Joes)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Richard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond repute
pic: Average Stack

Yes they did.

Last edited by Richard Wallace : 12-08-2018 at 03:58 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Alumnus
AKA: Bryce Croucher
FRC #2471 (Team Mean Machine)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
Bryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond reputeBryce2471 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: Average Stack

Dang! I wish we hadn't disassembled or scale! XD
FRC Team Mean Machine
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Gravity is annoying
AKA: Noah Brooks
FRC #3620 (The Average Joes)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2016
NoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud of

I'm still waiting for someone to post an eight-stack!

We might be able to if we tilted the intake back, but it would be close. Couldn't move the bot away from the stack without wrecking that TV with power cubes...

Good-looking bumpers > Good-looking robot

(My thoughts, opinions, and smart-aleck comments do not represent those of my team.)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2018, 02:22 PM
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)

Rookie Year: 2009
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoshBrooks View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to post an eight-stack!

We might be able to if we tilted the intake back, but it would be close. Couldn't move the bot away from the stack without wrecking that TV with power cubes...
Make a 4-stack and put a 4 stack on top of it, think like how some teams stacked in 2015
I'm currently looking for a job starting in early 2019, and I'm willing to move anywhere. I have a BS and an MS in EE and would like to work in Controls, Power Electronics, or Embedded Systems. If you know of a job like this feel free to PM me.

Check out my FRC Statistics Blog
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-12-2018, 03:45 PM
I make the robot work (sometimes)
AKA: Lundo
FRC #5638 (LqPV Robotics)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2015
brandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to beholdbrandon5638 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Sykes View Post
Make a 4-stack and put a 4 stack on top of it, think like how some teams stacked in 2015
With this, as long as you have the motor power, an infinite stack is possible. Just Stack It.

Doing is better than hoping. ctrl+z can save lives. 4 Year Driver.

2015 - Northern Lights Quarter Finalists, Minnesota State Qualifiers
2017 - Iowa Regional Semi-Finalists, Minnesota State Qualifiers
2018 - Great Northern Regional Finalists, Minnesota North Star Quarter Finalists, Minnesota State Qualifiers
2019 - ?????
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Gravity is annoying
AKA: Noah Brooks
FRC #3620 (The Average Joes)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2016
NoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud ofNoshBrooks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon5638 View Post
With this, as long as you have the motor power, an infinite stack is possible. Just Stack It.
To place on the scale, we have to flip the cube through the robot, so no 4x4 stacks. We can stack two by two without flipping ala Recycle Rush

I think we've tested our max climb weight (us plus buddy climb) as around 300 pounds off the first stage off of our lift. Since the intake is on the third stage of the cascade, it should theoretically be able to lift around 100 pounds of cubes.

One cube weighs about 3.5 pounds. That's a lot of cubes.

Good-looking bumpers > Good-looking robot

(My thoughts, opinions, and smart-aleck comments do not represent those of my team.)
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-13-2018, 10:23 AM
Somebody Else
AKA: Gus Michel II
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Sykes View Post
For a demo, sure. For competition (even offseason), you might want to watch G22 more closely. Controlling four cubes at once is likely a RED CARD.

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
[Quoting brennonbrimhall]: We design a new robot every year, but we can't forget that we also design a new team every year as folks come and go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: