OCCRA
Go to Post What's the point of competing if you're not going to be competitive? - davepowers [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-24-2010, 02:17 AM
FRC #1458
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Andy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud ofAndy L has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Andy L
Re: <G39> Pinning

As the coach of a defensive team at SVR, I agree that the pin calls at SVR were horrible! We were one of the better defenders there, we didn't pin often on Thursday and Friday. On Saturday we kind of realized they weren't calling pins and started to take advantage of it. We could have a pin on for a good 2-3 seconds before the refs even started counting, hopefully they call them better at Davis
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
AKA: Kevin
FRC #0326 (Xtreme Eagles / Romulus High School / General Motors)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Mr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond reputeMr.G has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mr.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
<geezer> Back in my day, we knew how to build robots. None o' these here bumpers and bumper-bumper contact! Why, we built our robots to take a head-to-head, metal-on-metal impact from the other end of the field! And we still didn't have a lot of stuff break! You young 'uns build robots that wouldn't stand a chance in a durability contest! We had legal wedges! You want to tip over, come on up on my robot! Bumpers? Huh, only if you think you can fit 'em in size 'n weight! None of this here "bumper weight allowance"!</geezer>

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...
Amen.....I also like the good old days....We didn't use bumpers till we were forced to.....I would rather not have them.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Parent and Volunteer
AKA: Richard Singletary
FRC #0548

Rookie Year: 2008
ExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant futureExTexan has a brilliant future

Quote:
<geezer> Back in my day, we knew how to build robots. None o' these here bumpers and bumper-bumper contact! Why, we built our robots to take a head-to-head, metal-on-metal impact from the other end of the field! And we still didn't have a lot of stuff break! You young 'uns build robots that wouldn't stand a chance in a durability contest! We had legal wedges! You want to tip over, come on up on my robot! Bumpers? Huh, only if you think you can fit 'em in size 'n weight! None of this here "bumper weight allowance"!</geezer>

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...
But you had the advantage of building your bot with a hammer and anvil and the kids today have to use those lightweight water jet things. And since they don't have to use theirs to pull a plow in the off-season like the early bots did then they are much more lightweight! Playing fields outdoors in the snow and the only field faults were when you ran out of gas!...ahh the old days

2010 REFEREE: Kettering, Ann Arbor, Wayne State, Troy, MI Championship, Atlanta-Newton field, IGVC TARDEC, MARC and upcoming KETTERING Kickoff.
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

The one time I went to IRI, my folks and I went up north about an hour or so, to an area known as West Lafayette. We also went to a nearby historic battle site, where there just so happened to be a tractor show. One tractor had a blacksmithing shop on it (or rather, WAS the shop), so we took a picture and brought it to competition, saying that we'd brought a machine shop.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: