OCCRA
Go to Post The best teams have students who genuinely enjoy scouting and the alliance selection process. - Jay O'Donnell [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Professor of Thinkology, ThD
AKA: @taylorstem
FRC #3487 (Red Pride Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute
Dear Students

So today I was talking with a fellow adult from another state, and we came upon the discussion about how our students are stressing themselves with their off-season projects for not only our team, but for other teams as well, not to mention the trials and tribulations that come with being a high school student. Classes, sports, academic clubs, church, scholarships, college visits - you guys have a lot on your plates. I then realized how much students do for, not only our team, but every single team in FIRST - how much collaboration there is between students from separate teams, states, even countries. Students can never recieve enough thanks from us mentors, because without them we would not be amazed and inspired by their achievements and potential, and we would not have access to the wonderful world of FIRST. There is no question that my involvement as an FRC coach has changed my outlook on life, and molded me as a teacher, friend, husband, and father.

So to speak for all FIRST mentors, who couldn't be involved if it weren't for all you students; Thank You, you guys rock.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Onward through the fog.
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dear Students

I can't begin to imagine what life would be like without the impact of the students from FIRST, both near and far, in it. There have been so many stories, memories, courageous acts, kind moments, and humorous times - that it would be difficult to even think of how different my life would have been the last few years without them.

Students don't stay put. They don't stay in elementary school or junior high or high school. Time passes, students age, mature, graduate, and move on, following dreams uncovered and goals discovered while on FIRST teams. Each season is declared a personal favorite - nothing can top it, nothing can touch it - and then the next season begins and the opportunities to be a part of something special begin anew.

Thank you guys, you rock.
Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 09-08-2009 at 03:31 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Broke a hundred!
FRC #0832
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dear Students

This wouldn't be nearly as much fun as it is without the amazing kids we get to see every year. Some are scary smart, almost all are fun to be around (they keep me thinking young) and I like to think they leave a little bit better than when they came. They surely seem to think differently about science, technology, accountability, teamwork and self-reliance.

I am N2IRZ - What's your callsign?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: