Go to Post You might want to read...the Manual very carefully. . - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:24 AM
FIRST Diamond Supplier
no team

Rookie Year: 2016
anchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to all
Anchor Labs Sponsorship Now Open + More

Hi Chief Delphi,

For those of you that don't know, Anchor Labs is a company that is working to make manufacturing easier. We allow you to easily upload a part and order 1 unit or 1000 without having to worry about how it will be made.

I'm a FIRST alum and started the company a little over a year ago and we're proud to announce we are now a FIRST diamond supplier.

A few big things that are going on this year:
1) This is our first year with a voucher in the KoP. You will find a $75 voucher on TIMS valid for plate parts that can be redeemed on our website.
2) Our sponsorship application is now open! Our sponsorship includes 10% off all orders, remote engineering support, and expedited orders.

Important Links
Sponsorship Application: https://goo.gl/forms/a39szxUFrBBzB1Ph2
Voucher Redemption: https://anchorlabs.io/frc

Have a great season!

Sam Baumgarten
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Discerning and exacting individual
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anchor Labs Sponsorship Now Open + More

Our dashboard on the FIRST site seems to be lacking the anchor labs voucher.

Thank you for donating this service to teams!
Clarke's Laws
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:40 AM
FIRST Diamond Supplier
no team

anchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to allanchorlabs is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
Our dashboard on the FIRST site seems to be lacking the anchor labs voucher.

Thank you for donating this service to teams!
Just talked to FIRST about this 30 seconds ago (of course it came to our attention right after I posted this thread). FIRST's IT team is working on it now.

I just PM'd you your voucher code. For any other teams that can't find their voucher code, feel free to email support@anchorlabs.io and we can get it over to you. I'll update this thread once we have some more info.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:44 AM
Discerning and exacting individual
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorlabs View Post
Just talked to FIRST about this 30 seconds ago (of course it came to our attention right after I posted this thread). FIRST's IT team is working on it now.

I just PM'd you your voucher code. For any other teams that can't find their voucher code, feel free to email support@anchorlabs.io and we can get it over to you. I'll update this thread once we have some more info.
You guys are quick!
Clarke's Laws
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Human left pad
AKA: Nick Schatz
no team (3184 Alum)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2014
nickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond reputenickbrickmaster has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little bit confused about quantity. I put in a quote for 16 of a small plate part and got a quote of $16.01. This seems to imply that it would be $16.01 total if I ordered 16, or a unit price of $1. However when I add this part to my cart, it fills in quantity 16 with a unit price of $16.01 and a total price of $256.16.

Which interpretation is correct?

And an additional question: Is a lead time of 10-20 days (from the FAQ) accurate at the moment?

Thank you for supporting FIRST!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 01:05 PM
FIRST Diamond Supplier
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbrickmaster View Post
I'm a little bit confused about quantity. I put in a quote for 16 of a small plate part and got a quote of $16.01. This seems to imply that it would be $16.01 total if I ordered 16, or a unit price of $1. However when I add this part to my cart, it fills in quantity 16 with a unit price of $16.01 and a total price of $256.16.

Which interpretation is correct?

And an additional question: Is a lead time of 10-20 days (from the FAQ) accurate at the moment?

Thank you for supporting FIRST!
Hey Nick,

The price that shows on the parts page is per unit. I'll put in a ticket to see if we can update the heading to make this clearer. The price in the cart doesn't include the voucher so if you were to apply it, the effective unit price would be ~$11.32.

FRC teams can expect parts in much less than 10-20 business days. Right now our target is 5-10 business days; however, you will receive a more accurate estimated delivery date at checkout based on our current load.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 01:47 PM
AKA: Mark
FRC #2485 (W.A.R. Lords)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2011
Mk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond reputeMk.32 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering, something that might be useful to add to your site.

Do you guys have a max size for parts that could be made? And what equipment do you guys have?

Team President: Team 3647 2010-2013
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
FIRST Diamond Supplier
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk.32 View Post
Just wondering, something that might be useful to add to your site.

Do you guys have a max size for parts that could be made? And what equipment do you guys have?
We don't have any official max sizes but at some point, the cost begins to become prohibitive. In general, most of the parts we do are < 10"x10"x8" in the size of their bounding boxes. If you were to quote a 33" long drivetrain frame member, the price would probably jump to a few hundred dollars as it cannot be done by a lot of our vendors.

We are a bit unique in 99% of parts are not manufactured in our facility (though we do have a shop). We are primarily a software company working on the Anchor Labs system which tries to find the most efficient (cost and time-wise) way to produce a part. We also are developing tools that automatically produce parts (through automated CAM and technologies like 3d printing) as well as automatically inspect parts.

This all adds up to us having a large number of vendors we work with for different sized parts depending on part geometry (a 14ft long shaft is very different than a 14ft long plate).

TLDR: No official max size but smaller = cheaper
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 02:30 PM
FRC #5607

CEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant futureCEF has a brilliant future

This is awesome. Thanks for being a sponsor.

Do you do rotary work? Let's say that we need a longer output shaft for a gearbox, but don't have access to a lathe. Is that something you can take care of?

It seems like you're a bit like an Uber for custom manufacturing, except instead of saying "please take me here," we say "Please produce one of these."

Do parts ship direct from your vendors?
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 02:41 PM
SamD4256
AKA: Sam Dare
no team
Team Role: CAD

Rookie Year: 2015
samthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud ofsamthesnake has much to be proud of

I can think of a really great way to use this. You may have just saved us weeks of headache. Thank you!

2015 - 2018 FRC Team 4256, Cyborg Cats
CAD and Strategy lead, drive coach
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Lead Bumper Mentor
AKA: Mike Marandola
FRC #0316 (LUNATECS)

Rookie Year: 2007
Mike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond reputeMike Marandola has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the voucher! Just to check, this voucher can only be used on one singular part that is less than 10" x 10"? We couldn't get as many 1" x 3" parts that fit into that area, correct?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Mentor
AKA: Clint Ott
FRC #1619

Rookie Year: 2009
Clint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant futureClint Ott has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marandola View Post
Thank you for the voucher! Just to check, this voucher can only be used on one singular part that is less than 10" x 10"? We couldn't get as many 1" x 3" parts that fit into that area, correct?
You could design a "part" that contained all of the 1"x3" parts you could fit and leave a .005" web between them.

Just an idea.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 03:42 PM
FIRST Diamond Supplier
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marandola View Post
That was our intention.

Send an email to frc@anchorlabs.io. We were envisioning each part as being one body; however, we can see if there is anything to do to help you out

Last edited by anchorlabs : 01-11-2018 at 03:45 PM.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 03:48 PM
FIRST Diamond Supplier
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF View Post
This is awesome. Thanks for being a sponsor.

Do you do rotary work? Let's say that we need a longer output shaft for a gearbox, but don't have access to a lathe. Is that something you can take care of?

It seems like you're a bit like an Uber for custom manufacturing, except instead of saying "please take me here," we say "Please produce one of these."

Do parts ship direct from your vendors?
Thanks!

We can definitely do turned work.

Parts ship from our facility in Worcester, MA where we do final part inspection and fulfillment.

Last edited by anchorlabs : 01-11-2018 at 07:17 PM.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2018, 08:15 PM
I break stuff. Usually intentional.
AKA: Quinn
FRC #1155 (Sciborgs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2014
RobotsQ is a jewel in the roughRobotsQ is a jewel in the roughRobotsQ is a jewel in the rough

Just thought I'd chime in and say thanks, I remember the first post announcing Anchor Labs and thought it was a great idea then and still do. I was really pleased to see your name on the voucher list this year, I hope the broader FRC Community can learn to take advantage of your service.

With a school district grant that would have gotten us a CNC Mill getting stuck in bureaucracy, we'll definitely be throwing some business your way at some point this year.

I do not represent my team, views and statements are my own.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: