Go to Post its like the championship being ice cream, its pretty awesome IRI is like adding toppings, making it even more awesome - Aren_Hill [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-12-2018, 09:14 PM
The Lone Programmer
FRC #3036 (DROBA Warriors)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2016
Taggerun will become famous soon enoughTaggerun will become famous soon enough
Question AMU3 Churro

Do we have to both churros have installed on the drive base or can we get away with one churro? If anyone knows great or I can post it on the Q&A.
Thanks,
Taggerun

"It's taking longer than expected, which was to be expected."
"You know, it's amazing how many things you can take apart with just one ordinary screwdriver!" - Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes
Best way to cut a CIM shaft?
I quite enjoyed running the CIM at full speed with a hacksaw up against it, but something tells me you are looking for a slightly safer option.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-12-2018, 09:46 PM
FRC #6420 (Fire Island Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MuskieProgramme is a glorious beacon of lightMuskieProgramme is a glorious beacon of lightMuskieProgramme is a glorious beacon of lightMuskieProgramme is a glorious beacon of lightMuskieProgramme is a glorious beacon of lightMuskieProgramme is a glorious beacon of light
Re: AMU3 Churro

The rules do not require any churros.

I have no idea why you think they do. You don't even have to use that drive base!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-12-2018, 09:51 PM
love/hate relationship with swerve
AKA: Parthiv Krishna
FRC #3082 (Chicken Bot Pie) and FTC #13471 Mentor (Minnetonka)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2016
pkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskieProgramme View Post
The rules do not require any churros.

I have no idea why you think they do. You don't even have to use that drive base!
Please make sure that the structural integrity of the drivetrain isn't negatively affected by removing the churro. Legally it may be fine but that doesn't mean it's always a good idea. If it's still structurally OK then I see no reason not to remove it.
2017-: FTC 13471 (Minnetonka/Tater Bot Hot Dish) - Mentor
2017-: FIRST Volunteer - 2017 North Champs Student Ambassador
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2018, 01:24 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if you post that question on Q&A, you can expect to be referred to Section 1.8 of the Manual, where it explains the types of questions that won't be answered.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Mentor
AKA: Gus Michel II
FRC #3946 (Tiger Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute

The churro is there for structural support to keep the plates the right distance apart. Most years, we do not use the churro, as we have a belly pan across the bottom and a piece of angle or tubing across the top of the chassis which serves the function.

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Registered Muser
no team (Full Metal Jackets)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2013
Cothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond reputeCothron Theiss has a reputation beyond repute

That's definitely not a Q&A question.

But that's really up to your team. If you can support your frame without the churros, great. But they are part of the structural support of the chassis frame, so I wouldn't just remove them without good reason. Also, they can make assembly much much easier.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: