OCCRA
Go to Post Did you know that if a G7, G27, G28, and G20 occur in that order at the same time, then the referee will appear to be doing the "YMCA"? :) - Jack Jones [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 4.53 average. Display Modes
  #796   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-28-2005, 08:14 AM
FRC #1511
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
Ashley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: girls: what's the lamest pickup line u've got from a guy at robotics comp?

Suprisingly I have never been given actual pick up lines yet from random robotics guys.
I still get random numbers tho :rolls eyes:
  #797   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Got my degree and ready for more!
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Dan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputeDan Petrovic has a reputation beyond repute

Actually... in Cleveland, it was my sister getting guy's e-mails and phone numbers. Not the other way around.
  #798   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 03:45 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
Li Jianliang has a spectacular aura aboutLi Jianliang has a spectacular aura about

Not a pick-up line, but two years ago at the National competition, I started talking to this guy who sat a few rows in front of me in the stands. Two hours later, he'd confessed his love for me, and I was like, "??!!!?!?!?!!??!?!" The worst part was that I'd given him my e-mail address *before* he confessed, so after I came back home, the "Confessions of True Love" e-mails started coming... Yeah. Thankfully, they've stopped by now.

Last year at the Sacramento Regional, I was going around and talking to other teams' animators and got onto pretty good terms with one guy who thankfully didn't have 'yellow fever' (I quote a friend here) and treated me to a sandwich lunch. ...I'm a sucker for free food.

I'm not all that popular at school... Maybe it's because of the imbalance of guy-girl ratio at the competition that's causing attraction? It'd be entertaining to continue the "one guy per comp" trend, but my conscience suggests otherwise.

Last edited by Li Jianliang : 01-20-2006 at 03:49 AM.
  #799   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Chevrolet=WTCC Champs in 2007!
AKA: Matt Wood
no team
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2006
MattD1Drift will become famous soon enoughMattD1Drift will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to MattD1Drift

Some of those lines are terriblew, I hope to nevr have to say anything that stupid, but then again, that may be why i've never had a girlfriend, haha.
  #800   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 08:34 PM
FRC #0334

Queen_of_Mascot will become famous soon enoughQueen_of_Mascot will become famous soon enough

Who needs lame pickup lines when you can just stalk your own team members? Don't need to worry about that long-distance stuff, either.

-snickers-

Though, I wonder, what percent of the robotics populace has had a girlfriend or boyfriend and kept them longer then a month? -wonders how you are even supposed to manage a girl/boyfriend and robotics at the same time, as the two both take up the same timeslots-
  #801   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 08:46 PM
On to my 17th year in FRC
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_of_Mascot
-wonders how you are even supposed to manage a girl/boyfriend and robotics at the same time, as the two both take up the same timeslots-
Ah, the classic newbie question. See, the boyfriend/girlfriend IS the robot.

and just to be on the safe side, I'll add a "j/k" to that.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004
  #802   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Robots are friends
AKA: tagger fanatic
FRC #1345 (Platinum Dragons); FRC# 97 (RoboRuminants)
Team Role: Programmer

nehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nehalita Send a message via MSN to nehalita Send a message via Yahoo to nehalita

Queen_of_Mascot, you might be surprised to find out that there are people in robotics that have gfs/bfs and have great relationships.

Proud Member of H.I.L.
The PLATINUM DRAGONS are on FIRE!
  #803   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 10:08 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
Li Jianliang has a spectacular aura aboutLi Jianliang has a spectacular aura about

A good pickup line would be the generic "Hi, how are you?" as long as it's said when the girl is not busily working on the robot...

Quote:
Though, I wonder, what percent of the robotics populace has had a girlfriend or boyfriend and kept them longer then a month? -wonders how you are even supposed to manage a girl/boyfriend and robotics at the same time, as the two both take up the same timeslots-
And the other option is to date a member of your robotics team, which I have been doing for the past two years; we confessed to each other at the National competition in 2004 and have been together ever since. Hey, FIRST can be beneficial to your love life!
  #804   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-21-2006, 02:26 PM
robotics=addiction
AKA: meghan
FRC #0832 (Chimera)
Team Role: Team Spirit / Cheering

riboSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: girls: what's the lamest pickup line u've got from a guy at robotics comp?

a guy on my robotics team said" hey, you look hot... want to meet your match?" him and i are awesome friends... but... he and i goof around ALOT
  #805   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-21-2006, 02:29 PM
robotics=addiction
FRC #0832 (Chimera)

WOW! i found out that my ex liked me (along with the team presedents little brother...)at the BEST competition this fall we dated for like three months... then then i found out he was only on the team becaus ei was there... so... i can't be with someone who doesn't at least care a wee bit about the brain of a team.. not just the body of whos in it...
  #806   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Little Pam
AKA: Tiffers
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 1996
EvilMonkyPirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to EvilMonkyPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoX14
Actually... in Cleveland, it was my sister getting guy's e-mails and phone numbers. Not the other way around.
Yeah and she also flirted her way into getting us picked at alliance pairings. lol. She told me that i have to take over on that part now. she's weird dude.
  #807   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Little Pam
AKA: Tiffers
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 1996
EvilMonkyPirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to EvilMonkyPirate

Quote:

And that is the reason I didn't complain much when a guy on my FIRST team and I made a bet for me to stay single until shipdate. 31 days to go...I'm kinda happy its not too far off anymore cuase we made this bet like 3 months ago when me and my bf broke up but then again. OMG SHIPDATE is in 31 days!!
  #808   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2006, 04:02 PM
robotics=addiction
FRC #0832 (Chimera)

Talking Re: girls: what's the lamest pickup line u've got from a guy at robotics comp?

lame but oh so sweet pick up line was "how can a girl look so beautiful but know so much about computers and robots? you are the rarest thing i have ever met... can i catch you?"
and
"where are you going?!?"
to the nurse ..DO'H
  #809   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2006, 06:03 PM
AKA: Caroline Murdoch
FRC #1208 (Metool Brigade)
Team Role: Programmer

cmurdoch is on a distinguished road

ok here's two incredibly lame pickup lines from a guy on our team (Alex Hughes, delphi name: Excelsior).

1) I wish I were a derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves.
2) I wish I were an integral so I could fill the area beneath your curves.

Feel free to direct your comments to him directly
  #810   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2006, 10:55 PM
The future isn't what it used to be
AKA: Volodymyr
VRC #0478 (Mustang Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

VEN is a name known to allVEN is a name known to allVEN is a name known to allVEN is a name known to allVEN is a name known to allVEN is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to VEN

I'm one of those shy guys but I saw this girl there and my buddies found out I'm interested in her so they wrote on a piece of paper my name, my e-mail and my number on it and to who it is and taped to the robot and during the competition the MC read out my name and asked me to come forward LOL....i came backwards aka ran the heck out of the stadium

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: