OCCRA
Go to Post People in FIRST ARE lucky, because they are living a very creative adventure which just doesn't let up, and that is okay. Who wants to sit there watching TV and being a spectator anyway. - DougHogg [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#121   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 08:36 PM
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Mike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really niceMike8519 is just really nice
I just saw some team 25 hawaiian shirts on the CBS 60 minutes broadcast grrrrrrrr
  #122   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 08:39 PM
not on CD enough...
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
OneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of light
Actually.. as a neutral observer of this "pineapple" debate- I just realized that the pineapple is the key to your power... it is like-

a battery is to a robot
the force is to Luke Skywalker
the brain is to Dean Kamen... - you get my point...

so all of you pineapple-haters... and to Moe.... there's only one thing you have to do to be victorious... (hint hint hint)
  #123   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 08:47 PM
it's like shooting fish in a barrel
AKA: Cliff Mock
FRC #0222 (Tigertrons)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1997
camtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond repute
cough cough::Pineapple::cough cough

The pineapple is more than that and nobody better even think of stealing the pineapple...we rent it out to teams as we did at Ramp Riot, but just becareful we have three really big guys and BADBRAD! I don't think anyone wants to mess with the pineapple lol

later

Daisies aren't safe around the claw either cause we could eat them like we suck up balls!
  #124   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 08:56 PM
I feel like Rip VanWinkle
None #0087 (Rancocas Valley Robotics)

dixonij is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dixonij
yes please do... i dont want him hurting my precious DIABLO...
  #125   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 08:59 PM
not on CD enough...
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
OneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: cough cough::Pineapple::cough cough

Quote:
Originally posted by camtunkpa

Daisies aren't safe around the claw either cause we could eat them like we suck up balls!

yo yo yo- i thought I clearly stated that I was neutral- and without Miss Daisy the pineapple would be nothing but yesterday's lunch- remember its evolution during Ramp Riot...
  #126   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 09:06 PM
it's like shooting fish in a barrel
AKA: Cliff Mock
FRC #0222 (Tigertrons)
Team Role: Mentor

camtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond reputecamtunkpa has a reputation beyond repute
ok, I gotta give you credit

the pineapple lived in the seclusion of my book bag for such a day and being somehow kinda resposible for the team a couple of us went nuts and it caused the best team spirit we ever had! and wait til you see us at Brunswick eruption....We'll keep the claw from eating dasies unless it feels really threatened!

Don't worry Dixon we are working on some new controlling methods for all of our nuts, you just gotta hope the claw doesn't go wild on you (oh yeah, since you didn't know, that's our robot)
  #127   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Harrison..Just ask!!
#0048 (Team E.L.I.T.E (Encouraging Learning In Technology & Engineering))

Shelley_delphi chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Shelley_delphi chick Send a message via AIM to Shelley_delphi chick
Nj.....?

I am awear that the BE is in NJ, however if I am going to be driving six hours that would mean I would have to spend the night before driving back home. I'll be in PA friday afternoon and I should leave PA Sunday morning. I'll be traveling with MOE to get there, I got lost getting off the PA turnpike and you want me to get to NJ? The stop signs alone would confuse me!!
Team #48
"Building The Future Together"
Adopted by #365
GO MOE!!
  #128   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 09:28 PM
I feel like Rip VanWinkle
None #0087 (Rancocas Valley Robotics)

dixonij is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dixonij
ahhh... yes your robot... i kinda picked that up a while ago. just never edited post.
  #129   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Wayne C.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
hey- I think we did pretty good?
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)

Wayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond repute
BE rules update on line

Bad brad (and other)-

Gracious professionalism will prevail at BE. In my opinion no need to change your machine from DD but recall that the added weight was to allow a tether device to be added. Hopefully nobody would try to beef up by adding weights just for weight's sake.

Hey, we didn't beef up the weight and I think we did fine at DD, PARC and RR.

I've posted some basics, things to bring and rules clafifications on the BE website. All attendees should take a look. Rules will be essentially the same as at RR. After some consideration and much discussion we've rebuilt the elimination rounds schedule so all teams can play.

The schedule for the day will be really tight. Please plan to stay to the end because we have a big awards ceremony planned.

Add hangers to the list of things to bring. I am attempting to get a coat rack going so all those cold weather garments don't end up shoved under the pit tables.

And don't forget the colored domes!!!

WC

Raider Robotix- www.raiderrobotix.org
  #130   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-14-2002, 02:14 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 1995
Ashley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond repute
Well... with only a bit over a week until BE..... I believe we could say that 84 & 341 are the only two teams who are "Too Stupid to stop playing"!

PARC...Maryland State Fair...Duel...Ramp Riot...Brunswick Eruption
  #131   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-14-2002, 03:34 PM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish
Stupid like a FOX!
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #132   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-14-2002, 09:15 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 1995
Ashley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond repute
well since all of my team is a bunch of lame mountain people.... I was not greatly encouraged to dance at RR I am hoping that BE will have a DJ???? and possibly the DJ will play cha cha slide????
  #133   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-14-2002, 09:20 PM

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by weedie
well since all of my team is a bunch of lame mountain people.... I was not greatly encouraged to dance at RR
HEY! Us mountain people can bust a move! I've been square dancing! (And if that RR DJ would play the freaking Time Warp...I would have _started_ the dance...now I'll have to rewatch RHPS to remember the dance [not that I mind or anything ])
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #134   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-15-2002, 12:33 PM
#0341 (Miss Daisy)

purpledaisy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to purpledaisy
Dance!!!

hey! All you people out there who know any of the dances that will be played at BE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dance unless you are doing something of massive importance on your robot. That was SO cool at Ramp Riot, and if we watch long enough, some of us who don't know every dance ever created might learn a few. And if your team is too boring to dance, look for the brunette in the daisy head on 341 and I'll find you some people who will. Most of my team is pretty nondancing too, but we'll work on it. hehehehehehe!!!
Ok, signing off for the weekend, since my stupid stinky computer at home won't let me login... grr!
  #135   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-15-2002, 03:45 PM

PLAY THE TIME WARP(*#@&$(*#$& If not...I will commandeer the DJ's position and play Time Warp non-stop for hours

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: