OCCRA
Go to Post Anyone else think we're (including me) a little obsessed? The seasons over and were already onto the next one. - Bjenks548 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat > Fantasy FIRST
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:25 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
Question So, What exactly is Fantasy FIRST?

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is Fantasy FIRST and how does it work?

I see that people have signed up and have started to chose some teams for Bean Town Blitz, and my team has been chosen in at least 2 seperate divisions. (Thanks? I think.)

What does it mean?? Tell me, what does it all mean??

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, What exactly is Fantasy FIRST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin Clock
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is Fantasy FIRST and how does it work?

I see that people have signed up and have started to chose some teams for Bean Town Blitz, and my team has been chosen in at least 2 seperate divisions. (Thanks? I think.)

What does it mean?? Tell me, what does it all mean??
Fantasy FIRST is a variation on the Fantasy sports craze that has swept the sports world over the years. A player in a league selects three robots to have in a competition and is scored by the stats from thsoe robots stats and they are rated in comaprison to the other league members.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:35 PM
GM/Kettering Mentor
FRC #0322 (F.I.R.E)

Rookie Year: 1999
Will Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Will Hanashiro

its run exactly like fantasy football, or fantasy baseball.

basically what has been going on for the past few days is the draft period, where people pick three teams who they want to be the "owners" of. depending on how well these three teams do in the actual competetion, you are given points. the person whose three teams do the best is the winner of the fantasy first league, for that particular event. right now we're doing it for the beantown blitz, but earlier we had the national fantasy first, and in the future we'll be doin fantasy first for other invitationals.

did that answer your question??? or do you need more clarifying??? please dont hesitate to ask any anything that you're still fuzzy on.

West Michigan Regional #1 Seed
2006 GLR Motorola Quality Award
2006 WMR GM Industrial Design Award

Kettering University ME Class of 2009
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:37 PM
GM/Kettering Mentor
FRC #0322 (F.I.R.E)

Rookie Year: 1999
Will Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Will Hanashiro

ah!!! koko, you've beat me to it... darn.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2004, 11:59 PM
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute

A bit.. thanks guys.

I figured it was like Fantasy Football and baseball and the like, but I have never participated in them before so I did not know how they worked..exactly.

Thanks again!

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 06:25 PM
∆o□
AKA: The Burmanator
FRC #0075 (Roboraiders)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Alex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Alex Burman Send a message via MSN to Alex Burman Send a message via Yahoo to Alex Burman

how are the stats of the bots found is that from the scouting database?

www.Roboraiders.com
http://www.myspace.com/burmanator
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 06:36 PM
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayswandir-75
how are the stats of the bots found is that from the scouting database?
Stats count towards final scoring of your team(s) in the leauge. There are certain point values for different things.

Seeding ranking position, Final ranking position, Awards, and what not all have points assigned ot them designated by the founder of the FF league.

Anyone can make a league, so long as they clearly define the rules and how many people can participate and then do the scoring at the end of it.

No, points are not based on the scouting database. (Which one in particular do you mean btw?) That is for team use only, and can be used for reference to choose your teams in the league, but is not a factor in FF whatsoever. Awards at events, and final placements in seeding and finals are the most used.

For example, in the FF league for the Championship event this year, the highest scores were given to the Chairman's Award winning team, and the Championship Event Competition Winners.

Speaking of myself and my random team assignment of team 67 for that event, they (67) not only won the Chairman's Award, but won the Event as well with two othr teams, so I ended up winning the FF event. (High points for FF from Chairman's and high points from event win.)

It won't always happen that way, but the points system determines who wins by point values for Awards and Event placement in the rankings.

I just got lucky... Real lucky. w00t Team 67.

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2006, 12:35 AM
I count as two people!
AKA: Nathan Bixler
FRC #0694 (Stuypulse)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2004
irishninja is a glorious beacon of lightirishninja is a glorious beacon of lightirishninja is a glorious beacon of lightirishninja is a glorious beacon of lightirishninja is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to irishninja

Wait now i'm really confused. What was with all the football talk? Was that just supposed to be funny, or is there a fantasy football league or what. Totally confused. And i guess i'm too late, but how do you submit the teams you pick, and how do yo ufind out which teams you can pick?

VEX Robotics Blog
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Parental Unit
FRC #1733 (Polarbots)
Team Role: Parent

Rookie Year: 2006
orelinde has a spectacular aura aboutorelinde has a spectacular aura aboutorelinde has a spectacular aura about

totally confused also but was glad to see that team 1733 was chosen for something thank you?

I took a test that says I am a geek, My son took same test he is an extreme geek. I am so proud.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orelinde
totally confused also but was glad to see that team 1733 was chosen for something thank you?
Rookies are valuble point getters (Rookie All Star. Rookie Inspiration and Top Rookie Seed). And some of them do manage to rise to the top.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-23-2007, 08:49 PM
yupp...
AKA: Grizz, Twinkletoes, PitBull1126
no team
Team Role: Team Spirit / Cheering

Alex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond repute

what's the randomizer site again?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute

http://random.org/sform.html
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-31-2007, 08:53 PM
What color was that wire again?
AKA: David
FRC #3663 (CPR)

fluffy is a splendid one to beholdfluffy is a splendid one to beholdfluffy is a splendid one to beholdfluffy is a splendid one to beholdfluffy is a splendid one to beholdfluffy is a splendid one to beholdfluffy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to fluffy

what are the point values?...i saw them before, I just cant seem to find them again, thanks
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2007, 12:26 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy View Post
what are the point values?...i saw them before, I just cant seem to find them again, thanks
I think it depends on your league. Usually declared first post or so. There's a certain range of point values for different things, but it's narrow.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:43 AM
FIRST on my mind
AKA: Evan Raitt
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Tetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond repute

Rookie Question:

How do I got about asking to change some of the teams for those I'd want in drafts that are already complete?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: