Go to Post My first reaction was "Where am I am gonna find pool noodles AND inner tubes in the middle of winter in Michigan?" - KTorak [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-12-2018, 08:18 AM
AKA: Minion
FRC #5556 (5556)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2016
adam5556 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool ideas for a future FIRST game

I thought it would be nice to brainstorm some ideas for either future official FIRST games or maybe off season team built and run games so then maybe someone will read this and maybe actually use these ideas or just for fun. One idea that is probably what you are thinking of generally speaking is some sort of water game. Although their are problems for water games, this is for ideas and is kinda a thought experiment that may lead to useful ideas.

My idea is basically a capture the flag type game where you drive boat type things with small arms or hooks that can steal a flag from an opponent but to do that you must match or go faster then they are or drive perpendicular to them but they could easily turn away from you so their must be a speed restriction of some kind. The more time you hold the flag in your hand, the more points you get but you get double the points while it is inside of your "base" which is basically just a marked area that anyone can drive into no matter which alliance they are part of.

Another is a race type game where you have to race people while picking up items that you can use to give you points or "power ups" like a temporary increase in your max allowed speed but be careful to not keep going to fast or you will lose points. Or you can bring an item to the end of the race to subtract a certain amount of time from your time making so your race time is faster. Another is to temporarily decrease how time runs for you. Basically your time will be measured like it passes more slowly.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2018, 10:23 AM
FRC #2207 (Bright Bears)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2015
Patrick Ambli is a name known to allPatrick Ambli is a name known to allPatrick Ambli is a name known to allPatrick Ambli is a name known to allPatrick Ambli is a name known to allPatrick Ambli is a name known to all
Re: Cool ideas for a future FIRST game

I feel like I'm cheating here because everybody knows this is going to be the 2019 game but I feel like I should say it anyways. What's going to happen is they are going to flood the fields and teams will have to build crawlers, boats, or submarines. Teams can either build robot that drive along the bottom (crawlers), floats at the top (boats) or that can swim in the middle (submarines). Being the submarine is the most valuable (as it can do everything) however it is also the hardest. The other two are easier but can score less points.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2018, 10:57 AM
love/hate relationship with swerve
AKA: Parthiv Krishna
FRC #3082 (Chicken Bot Pie) and FTC #13471 Mentor (Minnetonka)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2016
pkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond reputepkrishna3082 has a reputation beyond repute

(American) footballs or similarly shaped item that is available internationally.
2017-: FTC 13471 (Minnetonka/Tater Bot Hot Dish) - Mentor
2017-: FIRST Volunteer - 2017 North Champs Student Ambassador
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:34 AM
FRC #1294

Giraffe1294 is an unknown quantity at this point

everybody knows this is going to be the 2019 game but I feel like I should say it anyways. What's going to happen is they are going to flood the fields

I would love to see them try considering its held together by zip ties and not exactly waterproof. I can just imagine a hose constantly pouring water into the field as it flows out just as fast. they could call it the waterfall zone.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:40 AM
AKA: Zeb
FRC #0340 (Greater Rochester Robotics)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2015
Zeb340 has much to be proud ofZeb340 has much to be proud ofZeb340 has much to be proud ofZeb340 has much to be proud ofZeb340 has much to be proud ofZeb340 has much to be proud ofZeb340 has much to be proud ofZeb340 has much to be proud of

FootBall
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:50 AM
FRC #1294

Giraffe1294 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb340 View Post
FootBall

But game elements change if you are in the states vs the rest of the world.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2018, 04:04 PM
FRC #2262

SaltisVonWaltis is an unknown quantity at this point

Triple Play V2
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2018, 04:21 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Ice game, with a curling theme.

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/22422 as my witness.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: