OCCRA
Go to Post Corrected, math isn't my strong point (I went to art school for a reason) - KelliV [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > NI LabVIEW
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 04:35 PM
FRC #5611 (Neon Tigers)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2015
Braydon18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Error in Drivestation

When programming on LabView, I created a push button motor. After pushing the button for a specific Talon SR, it has some indicator light issues. It should be flashing just solid green, but it flashes green and orange like the flow of code is only going in pulses. I also get the following error in the Drive station.

ERROR -44075 "Motor 2"FRC: The loop that contains MotorControl SetOutput is not running fast enough. This error can occur if the loop contains too much code, or if one or more other loops are starving the MotorControl SetOutput loop. Robot Main.vi

What is weird about the whole situation is that I have the same motor controller setup and programming for another motor. Why is this one acting up and the other one being fine.

Thanks in advance,
Braydon McElroy
5611 Neon Tigers
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 06:12 PM
FRC #5052 (RoboLobos)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2014
JeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Error in Drivestation

You'll need to show your code to get any meaningful insight. From what you've shown here, there's nothing we can provide as feedback.

Are the two motors you suggest in different loops? If not, the DS error isn't likely a problem as the other motor is getting fed fast enough.

Any thoughts I share are meant to be my interpretation of rules/events/intents. They shouldn't be viewed as anything even approaching an official viewpoint.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 06:39 PM
FRC #5611 (Neon Tigers)

Begin VI:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UO...53NcGevnU1NXHB

Telop VI:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rT...0bQoe-YIJuyuJh
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 07:25 PM
FRC #5052 (RoboLobos)

JeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond reputeJeffB has a reputation beyond repute

Both of those links require permission

Any thoughts I share are meant to be my interpretation of rules/events/intents. They shouldn't be viewed as anything even approaching an official viewpoint.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 08:34 PM
FRC #5611 (Neon Tigers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
Both of those links require permission
Sorry I'll fix it. This is my first time trying to upload a picture.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 08:41 PM
FRC #5611 (Neon Tigers)

Hopefully it works this time.

Begin VI:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UOi...ew?usp=sharing

Telop VI:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rTA...ew?usp=sharing
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2018, 01:31 PM
FRC #5052 (RoboLobos)

In the future, try attaching the VIs themselves to your forum post. Pictures generally give a small piece of what's going on.

I'd try a couple of things.

First, I'd try flipping the buttons to control the different mechanisms. Then, we'd expect one of two things to happen:
1) the stutter would remain with the same motor
2) the stutter would switch to the other motor

This helps you narrow down where you should focus your troubleshooting.

For the first case structure, you'd make your code worlds more readable if you changed from a case structure to a Select. If all you're doing is sending a constant through, case structures hide code and make it harder to understand what you're doing.

Run your code from the Run Arrow. Place probes on the wires heading into each case structure. This should help you see if the values are the boolean value you'd expect.

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2018, 02:07 PM
Mentor
AKA: Dereck
FRC #3538 (RoboJackets)

Rookie Year: 2005
dawonn is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that error refers to the Watchdog timer timing out in the set motor command, you need to make sure that all Motors are always getting a command even if it's zero.

Take a look through each of your if else case structures to make sure that Motors are always being commanded. I prefer to keep the set motor command outside all of the cases and on the far right of the screen to help prevent one from getting missed.

I'm not an expert in labview however so I may be totally off base, make sure you update the form if you figure out what the issue was.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:06 PM
FRC #5611 (Neon Tigers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
In the future, try attaching the VIs themselves to your forum post. Pictures generally give a small piece of what's going on.

I'd try a couple of things.

First, I'd try flipping the buttons to control the different mechanisms. Then, we'd expect one of two things to happen:
1) the stutter would remain with the same motor
2) the stutter would switch to the other motor

This helps you narrow down where you should focus your troubleshooting.

For the first case structure, you'd make your code worlds more readable if you changed from a case structure to a Select. If all you're doing is sending a constant through, case structures hide code and make it harder to understand what you're doing.

Run your code from the Run Arrow. Place probes on the wires heading into each case structure. This should help you see if the values are the boolean value you'd expect.
I will try that. Also I have no clue how to attach a VI to this forum.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2018, 10:20 AM
FRC #5052 (RoboLobos)

When you reply, there are "Additional Options" below the text box. One of those is manage attachments. Both VI and ZIP are valid file attachments there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: