OCCRA
Go to Post the hardest task this year is the same as every other year: getting the engineers out of the crate so you can close it up and the FedEx guy can haul it away! - KenWittlief [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Flywheel Police
AKA: Matthew Lythgoe
FRC #2363 (Triple Helix)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
notmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aerial Assault - The Robot Card Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by logank013 View Post
So, I understand it's a good game and I'd enjoy it but is it easy to play for a Non- FRC person? I know it'd be great to bring for competitions during lunch or for breaks, I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to play with my family. Thanks
It is definitely possible to play with your friends. The rules aren't complicated, there are just a lot of them to take in at once. Set up a basic game with some prebuilt robots and walk them through how it all works and they should be fine. Then play a real game with them.
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2015, 03:36 PM
FRC #0225

KingPut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So, I understand it's a good game and I'd enjoy it but is it easy to play for a Non- FRC person? I know it'd be great to bring for competitions during lunch or for breaks, I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to play with my family. Thanks
It helps to have a little understanding of FRC. I know most FRC members have families and friends who come to competitions to cheer on their team. Aerial Assault was also designed so family and friends could better understand the strategy of designing a robot or competing for a Blue Banner. I think it's perfect for the tweener 11-13 year old to get them excited about joining FRC in high school. My non-FRC youngest daughter, wife and some of Gracie's non-robotics friends all enjoyed the game. 8-10 year-old will need some help with the game. They'll need some coaching.
Hope that helps.

If anyone is going to Battle of Baltimore this weekend or Duel on the Delaware in October. I'll be at both locations showing off the game.
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2015, 03:51 PM
FRC #0225

Quote:
Haha. I see now. I'm sure if I invented a card game for robotics, many teams from my state would be on it. But i'd also add some usual greats like 1114, 148, 254, 2056, 33, 233, 2826, 1023, 118, 16, etc.
I was hoping to get a better geographical distribution of team photos but getting good useable photos of team robots was actually harder than I thought it was going to be. 1st we needed a clear close up photo of the robot, 2nd we need a photo without any people in shot, 3rd we needed a contact person to get permission to use the photo. I'm a MAR-Middle Atlantic Robotics volunteer and I live just north of Baltimore, MD so it was just a lot easier get photos from the east coast teams.

From my earlier post. Feel free to make up your own teams cards and share them with each other. It's pretty easily to moch one up on Powerpoint. The back of the card matters on the action card but it doesn't really matter on the team card or build cards so be creative.
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Heading to Indiana State for ComSci
AKA: Logan Kreisher
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2015
logank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPut View Post
I was hoping to get a better geographical distribution of team photos but getting good useable photos of team robots was actually harder than I thought it was going to be. 1st we needed a clear close up photo of the robot, 2nd we need a photo without any people in shot, 3rd we needed a contact person to get permission to use the photo. I'm a MAR-Middle Atlantic Robotics volunteer and I live just north of Baltimore, MD so it was just a lot easier get photos from the east coast teams.

From my earlier post. Feel free to make up your own teams cards and share them with each other. It's pretty easily to moch one up on Powerpoint. The back of the card matters on the action card but it doesn't really matter on the team card or build cards so be creative.
Haha. Yeah. Stupid laws make it harder to make games with pictures . I got what your saying though. I see how tough it was to get the photos now.
Offseason 2 Wins (CORI: 234, 2614, 3266) (CAGE: 234, 868, 2791?), IRI, and IndyRAGE

2016 Regular Season (w/ 234)
1 NC District (Guilford: QF), 2 IN Districts (Warren: QF) (Perry: QF), and 1 DCMP (Indiana: QF)
Offseason IRI, Boiler Bot Battle, CAGE, and IndyRAGE

2017 Regular Season (w/ 234) 2 District Wins (Tippecanoe: 234, 1018, 4926) (Perry: 1501, 234, 2197), 1 DCMP (Indiana: QF), and 1 Half-Worlds (Curie: QF)

#35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Programming Mentor
AKA: Laura Spoldi
FRC #0230 (Gaelhawks)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2007
MamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond reputeMamaSpoldi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wanted to list out the teams that we used photos in the Aerial Assault card game. I wish we could have used photos of more teams in the game. If your team wasn't included in the game never fear. It's pretty easy to make up a robot card with a photo of your robot or maybe your favorite alliance partners using Power Point or some other graphics program. Here's the list of teams we used in the game.

And thanks again for giving us permission to use the photo of your robot.

Featured Teams that you can play as in base set:
Team #1610 - Builders of Tomorrow
Team #1885 - ILITE Robotics
Team #225 TechFire
Team #2363 Tripple Helix

Teams with photo on action cards include: 304, 306, 308, 316, 341 - Miss Daisy, 357 Royal Assault, 365, 484, 433, 533, 708, 1114, 1540, 1625, 1678, 2067, 2168, 2590, 3175

Featured Teams in Deluxe set
1640 Sab-BOT-age
1023 Bedford Express

Teams with photos in Deluxe set include: 11, 48, 56, 74, 193, 195, 230, 234, 254, 1625, 4473

Direct link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Escape-Velocit...0eae-193937045
Very excited to see that 230 is on your list!!

You list here a base set of cards and a deluxe set, but there is only one link to Amazon for purchase and it does not indicate which set it is. If it is just the base set then can you give us a link where the deluxe set can be purchased?
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2015, 09:40 AM
FRC #0225

The 230 photo is pretty nice. It's an action shot with 230 carrying a red ball during a match. Email me at pputnam1966@yahoo.com or Escape Velocity Games. The deluxe version is $10. It lets you play with 5 to 6 players.
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Flywheel Police
AKA: Matthew Lythgoe
FRC #2363 (Triple Helix)

Rookie Year: 2009
notmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond reputenotmattlythgoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The 230 photo is pretty nice. It's an action shot with 230 carrying a red ball during a match. Email me at pputnam1966@yahoo.com or Escape Velocity Games. The deluxe version is $10. It lets you play with 5 to 6 players.
I'm curious. How would you play the game with 5 players?
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2015, 11:03 AM
FRC #0225

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmattlythgoe View Post
I'm curious. How would you play the game with 5 players?
The game is best with 4 or 6 players with each player managing 1 team. With 3 or 5 players one player will manage 2 teams. With 2 players, both players will manage 2 teams. With more than 6 players you'll need another copy of the game but you could run a tournament.

Last edited by KingPut : 09-26-2015 at 11:08 AM.
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2015, 07:27 AM
FRC #0225

Aerial Assault the robot card game is back in stock at Amazon.com. Sorry to anyone who tried to order it for Christmas. Happy Holidays and good luck in 2016.
  #40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2016, 09:27 PM
FRC #0225

I have 8 copies of the deluxe addition of Aerial Assault left. The original price was $35.00 for deluxe 6 player game. Email me if you'd like a copy for $25.00.
  #41   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-25-2016, 08:04 PM
FRC #0225

Just in time for Christmas we've lowered the price on Aerial Assault the Robot Card game based on First Robotics. Check it out on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Aerial-Assault-SW/dp/B012YVHA0U
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2016, 02:05 PM
When fit hits the shan
AKA: Luke
FRC #3260 (SHARP Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2011
thedude019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its funny how the cover photo is the Pittsburgh Regional in 2014 but its not even of the Winning Alliance! I own the game which is a hit during competitions, thank you for creating it!

"Success is never final, failure is never fatal, its the courage that counts"

~Luke
  #43   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2017, 11:34 PM
FRC #0225

Amazon still has games 9 card games left of Aerial Assault, the card game based on FRC. This could make a great holiday gift for your anyone involved in First.

Enjoy,

Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Aerial-Assaul...ault+card+game
  #44   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-14-2018, 06:36 AM
FRC #0225

We have a few copies of Aerial Assault - The Robot Card Game based on FRC available on Amazon. The price has dropped to $12.99 or $19.99. This makes a great holiday gift for anyone involved with FRC Here's the link.

http://https://www.amazon.com/Aerial...ault+card+game

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: