OCCRA
Go to Post While we all look back and appreciate the shoulders of the giants of the past upon which we are standing, let us not forget that we are the giants of today. Ours are the shoulders on which others will be standing in the future. - Mike Rush [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-28-2018, 03:31 PM
AKA: Evan Pratten
FRC #5024 (Raider Robotics)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2016
ewpratten is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Continuous integration for the 2019 build system

I discovered this cool post the other day:
https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...d.php?t=166071

And have since been converting my projects (Riocv-pi and barebonesFRC) over to gradle, as well as playing around with vscode. Earlier this morning I had the idea of using the simpler gradle build system to set up CI for myself and team #5024. Since I had a hard time finding info about setting up CI for c++, figured I should share my circleci script here for other people to use.

This is the repo containing the script and setup info:
https://github.com/Ewpratten/FRC-CI

Let me know if I should change anything in it, and I would love if someone could test it with java for me (I have no hope with Java)
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-28-2018, 04:20 PM
Volunteer, WPILib Contributor
no team (Waiting for 2021)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
Thad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Continuous integration for the 2019 build system

Cool! One thing to know is when we release the 2019 libraries, the support for Unit Testing is GREATLY improved over previous seasons. The default project will be set up to allow unit tests, and you could just have ci run the Gradle test task. That is one big thing switching to Gradle allowed us to easily do.
Co-developer of RobotDotNet, a .NET port of the WPILib.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: