Go to Post I understand that Dean Kaymen has now invented a super "sniffer" that can scout-out anyone within hearing distance that is remotely-involved with FIRST. - dhitchco [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2005, 09:54 PM

Stillen is just really niceStillen is just really niceStillen is just really niceStillen is just really niceStillen is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Stillen
6 weeks.....

Well after 6 weeks,

of eating takeout, then eating the cold take out from the day before the next morning, staying at school for 15 hour days, seeing the school custodian more than I saw my wife, falling asleep on anything that didnt have a "machined" part on it, calling home every half hour just to tell my wife I'd be home in fifteen minutes but never meant it, loosing my keys in the mass of parts, completely killing my cell-phone battery, deceided to name my first born after any 1 of the numerous delivery drivers in the area, reading through mass amounts of data and "updates", forgetting what it felt like to get a good nights sleep, realizing that massive amounts of any drink/food can be overwhelming to a school that has only 1 set of bathrooms available after hours, having to answer "yes, your son/daughter is still here in school working on the robot, please don't call the police, they are not missing", not caring whose drink that I just took a swig off of, in the end were all gonna get sick anyways from being around each other,

Let the games begin.......

Hey look I have cats, I forgot about them........... six weeks, it's too long, but not long enough.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2005, 09:59 PM
AKA: El Presidente'
None #0498 (Cobra Commanders)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2003
Dested will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dested
Re: 6 weeks.....

Cant describe that any better

2001 Team Spirit Award - Southern California Regional
2004 Sportsmanship Award - Arizona Regional
2004 Finalist - Arizona Regional Thanks (Team 696 & 80)
2004 Master Plan Award - Arizona Regional (Team 60)
2005 #4 Seed - Arizona Regional
2005 Regional Semi Finalist - Arizona Regional Thanks (Team 980 & 96)
2005 GM Industrial Design Award - Arizona Regional
2005 Highest Regional Score - 112 - Arizona Regional
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Melodious Footware
AKA: *Crash!* Shuuuuuuuuuuuu
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Shu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Shu Song

Sounds just like my life for the last 6 weeks, minus the having a wife part. Can't wait until competition.

WINNER of the 2005 Finger Lakes Regional, thanks to teams 191 and 494.
WINNER of the 2004 Canadian Regional, thanks to teams 33 and 1112
WINNER of Delphi: Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award at the 2007 Finger Lakes Regional.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Unlicensed "Can Do It All"!!!
AKA: David

Rookie Year: 2005
roboguy #1 is infamous around these partsroboguy #1 is infamous around these partsroboguy #1 is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to roboguy #1

Food fridge raid cya. O and same no wife but um i havent fallen asleep there yet. Although you could sleep its a rec center rock walls kitchen 81" tv, and the lovely pads for the wall falers to sleep on. I think i saw old sleeping bags in a closet. 2 bathrooms with showers im not kidding you could live there and a pool.
... Little thing I learned about life, Every one always hates me that I meet for the first time, WEll most!...Pm me and tell me why you think that is! : Well I seem to be more well liked around here I'm turnen around and getting dizzy I started at 3 red. Look now.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:44 AM
FRC #1219 (Emery Iron Eagle)
Team Role: Alumni

thoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboguy #1
Food fridge raid cya. O and same no wife but um i havent fallen asleep there yet. Although you could sleep its a rec center rock walls kitchen 81" tv, and the lovely pads for the wall falers to sleep on. I think i saw old sleeping bags in a closet. 2 bathrooms with showers im not kidding you could live there and a pool.
WOW!, How did you get your self something that cool!

03,04,05-Team 1219 Captain
2003 Rookie all Start @ GTR
2005 Galileo Semi-Finalist & Alliance captain
06-Team 1219 Mentor
2006 Radio Shack Innovation in control @ Waterloo
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Trainee Jack-of-all-trades
None #0759 (Systemetric)

Rookie Year: 2004
- Raven - is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to - Raven - Send a message via AIM to - Raven - Send a message via MSN to - Raven - Send a message via Yahoo to - Raven -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillen
Well after 6 weeks,

of eating takeout, then eating the cold take out from the day before the next morning, staying at school for 15 hour days... loosing my keys in the mass of parts, completely killing my cell-phone battery... reading through mass amounts of data and "updates", forgetting what it felt like to get a good nights sleep, realizing that massive amounts of any drink/food can be overwhelming to a school that has only 1 set of bathrooms available after hours, having to answer "yes, your son/daughter is still here in school working on the robot, please don't call the police, they are not missing", not caring whose drink that I just took a swig off of, in the end were all gonna get sick anyways from being around each other
*chuckles* Hell yeah! And amazingly enough, I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Congrats on your first born, by the way.

~ Raven is currently in possession of 50 Gmail invites.
~ Drop her a Private Message if you wanna get your hands on one.

Team 759-- We are the Brits! Drop in at our website: www.systemetric.org, and leave a note at the forum to say hi. Don't forget to stick a pin in our Guestmap so we know where you're from.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Morpheus
#0011 (M.O.R.T.)

S.Nickens is a name known to allS.Nickens is a name known to allS.Nickens is a name known to allS.Nickens is a name known to allS.Nickens is a name known to allS.Nickens is a name known to all

The Sunday night before ship the only thing that beat my hunger was fatigue.
After two slices of extremely good sausage and pepperoni (WHAT?, MORE PIZZA???!!!) I still didn't sleep well, I kept waking up every couple of hours. My wife wasn't sleeping too well either, she said my arms kept flying at her head. All I can think is I was working on the robot in my sleep! Someone, HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

2005 Palmetto AutoDesk Award
2005 Palmetto Judges Award
2005 Palmetto Semi-Finalists
2005 NJ Regional Chairmans Award
2005 NJ Regional Finalists
2004 Curie Div. 5th Seed
2004 Palmetto Regional Winners
2004 Palmetto DC Team Spirit Award
2004 Chesapeke Semi-Finalists
2004 Trenton Semi-Finalists
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Tie Wrap-Not Cable Tie or Zip tie
AKA: Stephen Denman
FRC #0759 (Systemetric)

Rookie Year: 2003
Denman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Denman Send a message via AIM to Denman Send a message via MSN to Denman Send a message via Yahoo to Denman

To the tune of "Barenaked Ladies"-One Week (excellent band by the way)
I'm making this up as i go along so it might not be that good...

It's been six weeks since you challanged me
Build a robot to stack these
Five weeks since you laughed at me
saying get that build then come back and see me.
Three weeks since the living room
Decided what to build but wouldn't tell you
Yesterday you'd left me
still got 10 hours to get it in a lorry

if i get time i'll make a chorus and maybe some more verses...

FIRSTWiki.org - Contribute, learn, inspire.

"Teach the way of the GP and the way of the GP shall teach you" - Me

Last edited by Denman : 02-22-2005 at 07:48 AM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2007, 05:49 PM

Stillen is just really niceStillen is just really niceStillen is just really niceStillen is just really niceStillen is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Stillen

Gee nuthing changes after years of being on a robotics team..... Same thing this year..... Wife still mad at me for being here so much
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Mechanical/Driver
FRC #0321 (RoboLancers)
Team Role: Mechanical

Justin M. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Justin M.

Sounds about right, but without the wife part.

Today I couldn't make the meeting after school, I felt empty. I also got about 500 calls from other people asking where stuff is....
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
FRC #1745 (P-51 Mustangs)

Pavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond reputePavan Dave has a reputation beyond repute

This reminds me of last year. Last year was my first year in FIRST and I was one of three on my subsystem (controls) and it was very long when we were making MagnumR and this pretty much sums it up. For the first time, it wasn't about what I worked on or what he worked on, it was more of how we worked on, with three very cramped where people worked and two with parts, it was amazing what we got done with with the amount of time allotted to us with the amount of people we had active. And to note, I blew one cell phone battery out last year and went through two and a half phones and I don't think I'm the only one haha. I guess that is what FIRST does to you.

FIRST is an addiction but at least it is one of the healthiest addictions you can have (if you wear your safety goggles!).

Pavan.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2007, 08:04 PM
ZOMGWTHKTHXBAIBBQ!!!!
FRC #1056 (Kekoa o Haaheo)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2007
waiakea2024 is a jewel in the roughwaiakea2024 is a jewel in the roughwaiakea2024 is a jewel in the rough

good job i like your life! mine is similar
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2007, 01:46 PM
FRC #0234

Matt234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, 6 weeks, but it is a whole lot of fun! Hope to see you all at the competition.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Have big wrench...and will use it!
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
Protronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud ofProtronie has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Protronie Send a message via Yahoo to Protronie

Sound like my life on any given week. My current project is resurrecting a portable asphalt plant complete with rewired/replaced generator and control booth in 20 days

Gotta love dealines

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: