OCCRA
Go to Post Do you have to think about FIRST when you get up in the morning? - KenWittlief [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-19-2005, 11:14 AM
FRC #1611

muy dificil is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah progrmming is hard

progrmming is muy dificil
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Electrical Engineer
AKA: Phil Baltar
FRC #1351
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2004
sciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to sciguy125 Send a message via MSN to sciguy125 Send a message via Yahoo to sciguy125
Re: Ah progrmming is hard

Did you have a particular problem you need help with or were you just making a general comment?

Programming isn't that hard once you get the hang of it. It has a steep learning curve like math. One day your trying to figure out 1+1, then the next day they throw x and y at you. Once you understand what x and y represent and learn to think in terms of functions, it's as easy as pi.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GE/S/P a-- e y-- r-- s:++ d+ h! X+++
t++ C+ P+ L++ E W++ w M-- V? PS+ PE+
5- R-- tv+ b+ DI+++ D- G
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
FRC #1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciguy125
Did you have a particular problem you need help with or were you just making a general comment?

Programming isn't that hard once you get the hang of it. It has a steep learning curve like math. One day your trying to figure out 1+1, then the next day they throw x and y at you. Once you understand what x and y represent and learn to think in terms of functions, it's as easy as pi.
thanks i appreciate it
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-19-2005, 02:03 PM
no team
Team Role: Engineer

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

Problem with microprocessors is: they do exactly what you tell them to do

instead of what you want them to do!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Just Itinerant
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)

Rookie Year: 2001
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

You'll spend most of your time trying to figure out exactly WHAT you told it to do!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-19-2005, 08:57 PM
SAE Formula is FIRST with Gasoline.
FRC #0306 (CRT)
Team Role: Alumni

Andrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blair Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blair

One muy no-no...Keep your robot battery charged when working with code. You'll have an emotional breakdown trying to find out the problem with the code, only to change the battery and find it working fine.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:26 AM
FRC #1611

TotalDomination is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, right now we are trying to program the EDU bot and having problems downloading the program to the interface.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:40 AM
FRC #1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDomination
Yes, right now we are trying to program the EDU bot and having problems downloading the program to the interface.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:45 AM
FRC #1611

Yes i know, we press the program button and turn the LED orange like it is suppose to be, but when we go to download the program onto the interface the LED resets and starts blinking again.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
FRC #0111 (WildStang)

Rookie Year: 2002
Dave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDomination
Yes i know, we press the program button and turn the LED orange like it is suppose to be, but when we go to download the program onto the interface the LED resets and starts blinking again.
I'm assuming that you're talking about the Program State LED. It will turn orange when the Program button is pressed. When you start downloading to it, the LED will flash. Is this what you're seeing? What do you see at the loader side? There should be a progress bar that shows the status of your download.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:57 AM
FRC #1611

No it just brings up a download error message.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2005, 11:00 AM
FRC #0111 (WildStang)

Rookie Year: 2002
Dave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond repute

Try holding the Program button on the RC down, then clicking and holding down the Download button on the loader. Release the Download button then immediately release the Program button. We've had problems in the past with older laptops not being able to download and this usually solved it.

Also, are you sure that your serial cable is good and that it is properly seated in the programming port?
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Programming User
FRC #1317 (Digital Fusion)
Team Role: Programmer

Ryan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud of

Sometimes hitting the reset button helps as well...

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-03-2005, 10:17 AM
FRC #1611

Ok now this is not working, we switch cables, we have tryed so many times to press the program button and at different times, but it will still not program
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Back after 4 years off
FRC #5279

Rookie Year: 2005
JamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond repute

Well I rember exactly a year ago when i was on a rookie team with the exact same problem. It gets better, since them I have learned a third programming language and written 6 different auton codes for the bot, This time last year I could do little more than program a TI 83 in a dummed down version of basic, once you get it it just keeps coming.

Now to solve your problem (or atleast to help) are you uasing a laptop or desk top. With a laptop make sure it sees the port your using, with a desktop dont bother fighting with it if you have acess to another computer use that instead, I have an HP and an Emachine at home with Identical processors, memory and operating systems, however I can only load code from my HP and not my parents Emachine, go figure. Have someone take it home and try, It seemed to me that the edu rc is far more tempermental than its FRC counter part.

Like I said I was in the same place last year, I had no mentor help and no experience (I don't know what your mentor situation is like) If you need more help then PM or Email me. I'd be more than happy to give you a hand, also if you have a phone with free long distance Id be happy to give you my cell number let me know. Email is James_brown830@yahoo.com

James

Last edited by JamesBrown : 10-03-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: