Go to Post The MER designers had many challenges, but bumper rules were not among them. - Richard Wallace [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Announcements
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Does anything and everything
AKA: Max Narvaez
FRC #2855 (BEASTBot)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2016
maxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant futuremaxnz has a brilliant future
Re: Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by logank013 View Post
I thought about that too. That's part of why I thought of having a mod double checking the spam report. If it's spam, the mod removes it from the "trash folder" permanently. If it isn't spam and there are no problems, the mod reinstates it to it's original spot of posting.

With that said, I think the CD community for the most part won't report a post as spam when they are mad at someone to get their post removed. To make it harder for fake accounts to be created and to report someone they are mad at, this function could be only used by accounts with 50 posts or more.

Any accounts abusing this function can be suspended for a certain amount of time or removed entirely.

I think that if this is plausible as far as coding and building into the website, it would be a great way to remove spam. It wouldn't prevent spam but it would remove the spam from the visible website for the time being.

P.S. If the trash folder isn't plausible for coding, maybe have the post show up as deleted like when someone deletes their post. Instead of saying "deleted" it would say "spam".

I'm not a website builder but I'm trying to think of this from a "logical" perspective like I would when solving a Computer Science problem in Java.
What if the cutoff is at 1000, 5000 or even 10000 posts? Then you only have the extremely long term FIRST people and (hopefully) they are much more trustworthy. And it becomes hard enough to meet that requirement that it isn't worth doing intentionally.

And, we could use logan's idea of having it show up as 'spam' like it shows a post that was 'deleted'. But, you are able to click another button to 'show' the message, similar to how Twitch chat posts filtered by moderators work. Then we somewhat remove the problem of someone abusing their privilege and silencing someone who is legitimate.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: