OCCRA
Go to Post The Indiana Mafia? We are very insulted. Another comment like that and you could wind up having a couple of broken legs. But thanks for the good words - Bill Beatty [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Career
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-10-2017, 01:28 PM
6th Gear Developer; Mentor
AKA: Blake Ross
no team (6th Gear)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
gblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond repute
Full-time, software, Reston VA, Metron Scientific Inc

CD robotics friends,

Metron (my employer) wants to fill all of its openings, but this one (below) is more urgent than the rest. So, I thought I would put up an announcement here for the generally clever bunch of folks who use Chief Delphi.

You need to have *already* graduated and be available now. As is the case with most job descriptions, you can be successful without being a 100% match against every single listed skill; but ... obviously more is better.

You can apply directly to the company website (www.metsci.com) (https://careers-metsci.icims.com/jobs/intro) (Job ID 2016-1033). You can PM me first if you have questions.

Blake
PS: There are other (less urgent) openings in Reston, and in other locations.
PPS: We invent, demonstrate, and deploy cool math and science stuff (www.metsci.com).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Reston office is seeking talented programmers for R&D projects with strong probabilistic and statistical foundations. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for implementing polished software incorporating probabilistic and statistical models. Project teams are small, typically 2-5 people including Analysts and Software Developers. Each person is involved in the entire software development process, from concept, through design and implementation to demonstration. Our management structure gives you the freedom to create innovative designs and products. The ideal candidate will have experience writing well-documented, maintainable, and extensible software and APIs.
Desired Qualifications:
  • Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Probability, Math, or related field.
  • Significant programming experience in Java.
  • Knowledge of user interface design principles and experience developing multithreaded Java Swing applications.
  • Familiarity with C and/or C++.
  • Web development experience including HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript a plus.
  • Familiarity with additional high-level languages (Python, Perl, Lisp, etc.) a plus.
  • Experience with Linux, OpenGL, SQL, and/or highly parallel computational software design a plus.
  • Experience with a Big Data platform such as Hadoop MapReduce, Mahout, Spark, or Storm a plus.
  • Ability to communicate software and algorithm design, complexity analysis, and performance metrics in written and oral reports.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED (successful candidates will undergo background check for Secret Clearance)
Position Location: Reston, VA
Words/phrases I avoid: basis, mitigate, leveraging, transitioning, impact (instead of affect/effect), facilitate, programmatic, problematic, issue (instead of problem), latency (instead of delay), dependency (instead of prerequisite), connectivity, usage & utilize (instead of use), downed, functionality, functional, power on, descore, alumni (instead of alumnus/alumna), the enterprise, methodology, nomenclature, form factor (instead of size or shape), competency, modality, provided(with), provision(ing), irregardless/irrespective, signage, colorized, pulsating, ideate

Last edited by gblake : 01-10-2017 at 01:35 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2017, 12:55 PM
no team (6th Gear)

gblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Full-time, software, Reston VA, Metron Scientific Inc

See my previous post. These three are currently the hot topics:
Research Analyst
Software Developer
Software Developer

Bonus points if you already hold a Security Clearance
Words/phrases I avoid: basis, mitigate, leveraging, transitioning, impact (instead of affect/effect), facilitate, programmatic, problematic, issue (instead of problem), latency (instead of delay), dependency (instead of prerequisite), connectivity, usage & utilize (instead of use), downed, functionality, functional, power on, descore, alumni (instead of alumnus/alumna), the enterprise, methodology, nomenclature, form factor (instead of size or shape), competency, modality, provided(with), provision(ing), irregardless/irrespective, signage, colorized, pulsating, ideate
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2017, 11:53 PM
FRC #2239

Rookie Year: 2011
zeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Blake, Do you know of anything more on the mechanical side? Thanks
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2017, 10:40 PM
no team (6th Gear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta View Post
Blake, Do you know of anything more on the mechanical side? Thanks
Not among Metron's current openings, sorry.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: